Ulster County New York Non-Commercial Genealogy page courtesy of: Hope Farm Press & Bookshop
January 2007 -- Updated 2/17/15
Return to the Genealogy Top Page
Ulster County NY Queries
The following queries are ARCHIVED no
changes will be made to these files
Ulster County Queries posted before12/30/00
Ulster County Queries posted from 12/30/00 to 12/31/01
Ulster County Queries posted from 12/31/01 to 7/31/07
To make changes simply email a corrected query and it will be posted below
"ULSTER Co Query" in Subject Line of email.
1st line of EMAIL - Surname in CAPS (capital letters) plus today's date formatted as 02/23/06
new paragraph - brief text NOT ALL CAPITALS - ask for what you want - offer help or to share
new paragraph - email address & optional contact info - most frequently forgotten!
since I cut and paste this, PLEASE leave out extraneous punctuation and statements - ie commas, email to, etc!
**HINT: Think about what you really want to achieve here. -- I'm told some of these
email addresses aren't working -- by folks who have the information these people seek. Be
sure to include an (optional) mailing address, AND check to see the email works
after I notify you that I posted the query!
Ulster Co Query
GGG Mother Sarah born ? in EastKill. Married 182? Any info on children?
firstname.lastname@example.org Richard Frisbie 252 Main
Street Saugerties NY 12477
Then I turn your name into an email link. (see below)
REPLIES -- Please scan the queries to see how you can contribute, then mail to the
address with the query. No queries will be posted without an email address.
Until I get a page that posts your queries automatically, this will have to do.
The example above shows the easiest and fastest way for me to manually maintain this page.
Please follow it. If, when posted, you don't like your entry, send me a corrected one -
labelled CORRECTION - and I will replace it. I cannot edit your existing entry. The links
below are to alphabetized sections. Your query will appear there ASAP. (Please allow a few
days before wondering) Check that section for similiar queries.
TO CHANGE your query - send the corrected query (marked CORRECTED) so
that I may just cut & paste it in place of the old. Please be sure you indicate which
I acknowledge ALL queries
If that acknowledgement is returned as "undeliverable" your
query will be discarded.
Ulster County, New York
A B C D
E F G H I
J K L M N O P
Q R S T U
V W X Y ZTOP
- ABERNETHY - 9/09/10 -- I am researching any information on John and Emma Abernethy; home was
named Valley View Vista in Stone Ridge, Kingston, NY. I have found an
article in the Kingston Daily Freeman (November, 1921) announcing the
sale to this property to my great grandfather John Abernethy. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.
ADAMS - 2/17/15 --Looking
for any information on Lydia Adams from the New Paltz area. She was born
about Nov 1855 and I have found her on the 1860 census living with a DuBois
family. She is never on any other census listings with her parents.
Trying to find out who her parents were. Lydia eventually married a
Joseph Uhrviller and had a son Jesse. Any help is greatly appreciated. Stacy
- ALLEN - 2/20/10 -- I'm a descendant of Bill & Sadie Allen. Sadie's maiden name was
Samons. Her mother was from Pennsylvania and she said we are of dutch
descent. Anyone with any information on this family tree, please respond.
- ALSDORF - ALSDORF 5/22/2015 -
Looking for confirmation that Jesse Alsdorf, b. 1869 to Jane Alsdorf is the
same person who married Carrie W. Weyant. Any help would be greatly
appreciated and I am willing to sharing the data I have on these families. Mike.email@example.com
Mike Alsdorf, rue J & H Richard, 73290 La Motte Servolex, Franc
- ALLEN - 6/17/10 -- My Allen families lived in Ulster County, 1790 and maybe prior then
> through 1830. Other descendants lived there longer than that.
I have Elihu Allen who married Rebecca Boudish.
They had several children including Phebe who married Gideon Keator .
I have a list of other children but I am descended from Phebe’s brother
Ethan who married Mary Hudler. ( Hudler’s are related to the Roosa
family and Terwillenger’s but I have information on them)
I am trying to establish _who_ Elihu’s parents were and if he came from
- ALLINGHAM/ELLINGHAM - 5/20/09 --
Looking for birth records for John Edward Allingham (1845-1934),
Margareta Allingham (1845-1922), Hugh Dundas Allingham (1845-?) and
Lucinda Allingham (1853-), all born in the Kingston/Ulster County area
to Hugh Allingham (1808-1891) and Mary Thompson (1824-1858). In
particular I am trying to pinpoint the details of the origin of their
parents Hugh and Mary as well as the name of their parents. This family
was resident approximately from 1845 - 1867 (confirmed resident in the
1860 census). Lucinda may have returned later in life (e.g. 1920) and
Also am interested in death records for Mary Thompson who died in the
Kingston area around 1858.
24 Lady Godiva Way, New City NY 10956
- ALSDORF - 1/10/10 -- Grandfather Howard ALSDORF had 7 brothers and sisters
(John. b. 1868, Rachel b. 1870, Sarah b. 1871, Egburt b.1878, Jacob b.
?, Josephus b. 1888, Hatti b. 1899), looking for there descendants? Mike
ALSDORF, 288 rue Joseph et Humbert
Richard, LA MOTTE SERVOLEX, FRANCE
- AROH - 1/12/09 -- I am tracing Harvey Calvin Aroh who was a minister of our church in sharon center iowa. I've traced him to Kingston new york in 1938 as a minister of Rondout Presbyterian church. can you give me some idea as to where I should look further for him. he was born about 1873 in Pennsylvania, wife Anna.
any advise you can give me would be of help
joan in iowa
- ASHLEY - 6/17/10 -- Trying to track Elias Ashley family was a son Claude who married a Ella
May Jones...trying to find my mother(Ella may jones) real parents..my
grandparents...From what I can gather her mom was a Shaw perhaps..she
was an only child..she was born in 1905 passed away in 1971...
- ATKINS - 9/25/07 --
Seeking parents or siblings of WILLIAM WATT ATKINS, b. Aug 3, 1816 in
Esopus, NY; m. CORNELIA KNAPP of Craigville, NY, about 1840; lived in
Ellenville, NY, & Honesdale, PA; d. Rileyville, Wayne Co, PA in 1913.
Any leads appreciated. William Atkins Gager, Jr.,
2616 SW 4th Place,
Gainesville, FL 32607
- AVERY - 3/11/08 -- I am looking for a Chauncey Stillman Avery who lived in Wayland,
Steuben, New York. His son was Gilbert Franklin Avery and Gilbert's wife
Abigail Brewster Avery died in Patchenville, New York.
Thanks, C. Avery Carter
- AVERY - 9/09/10 -- I am looking for info on Samuel Avery born about 1795. Lived in
Wawarsung- Ellenville area. I am also looking for info on Sarah Beatie
his wife born also around 1795 lived next door to the Avery's. Thanks Angie
- AYERS - 6/17/10 -- LORING AYERS MARRIED ANNA (ANNIE), ANY LAST NAME ON ANNIE? WHERE
MARRIED? PARENTS OF LORING AND ANNIE?
DIANNE CHURCHILL ...granddaughter
- BAHR - 1/01/11 -- Seeking information on Henry Bahr and Margaret Bahr, born in Germany who lived in Ellenville in 1860's and rented mule team on the canal. Had several sons who worked on canal and in glass factory and later moved away, mainly to Brooklyn, Queens and Eastern Long Island, although my grandfather, Frederick A. Bahr worked on Del. Lackawanna railroad construction doing blasting when my father was born in E. Stroudsburg, PA. in 1887. Jean
- BAILEY 8/01/07 -- AMOS son of Lydia Eggleston and Joel Bailey of Newport NY.
Birth Date. Death Date.Death location. Probably early 1800s.
Otsego County farm near Cooperstown.
Lawrence F. Hermann
- BAILIE/BAILEY - 6/10/2010 --
Am looking for any information on Sampson Bailie/bailey, he came to NY
from Ireland in 1844 on board Eutaw. He married a Mary Cochrane in
Ireland and had three children: Robert Sampson Bailie, Thomas Cochrane
Bailie and Sarah Ann Bailie. Robert and Thomas went to America with
there parents while Thomas went to Australia with his Grandparents. Once
Sampson goes to America we loose him all together. If anyone has ANY
info on any of these people I would be internally grateful. Thank You.
- BAKER - 06/17/2010-- I am looking for information on John G
Baker and Joshua his father. I know they lived in the West Hurley
Area town of Ashton/Glenford Road This area is now under the
Ashokan Reservoir. They move to the town from Greene County in
1857. Please let me know if you have anything . I also know they
are interned in the Woodstock Cemetery I am trying to find who
Joshua Mother and father.
- BAKER - 06/17/2010-- My great Grandfather was John G Baker who
was Born on May 26,1834 and Died Jan 12,1909 He represented Ulster
County 3rd District (Hurley) as the elected Democratic Member To
the State of New York Assembly in 1867 Do you have any Information
about him? I can be e-mailed in San Jose at.
- BARBER - 9/09/10 -- I've been tracing my family genealogy for a few months now. The latest
generation I've traced back to is early 1800s a woman named Sarah
Barber. She was born in Woodstock, New York March 21 1821. I also know
she was married to a man Isaac Lane and had a daughter Mary Lane Lord.
If you have any information please contact me when you can.
Thanks and Best, Charisse E
- BARKER - 2/17/12 -- I am looking for information on the Parents of William C. Barker. Born on Sept. 19, 1816 in Ulster Co. NY. He was married to Mary Lane from Olive, Ulster , NY on Sept. 18, 1847. His father was also reported to be named William C. Barker but not confirmed. Any help would be great. firstname.lastname@example.org
- BARNHART - 5/20/09 --
GGG Grandfather James born 1835 NY Seeking his Birth Date Birth Location
Parents. First wife Maria B 1838-d.1862 seeking Maiden name Death place
Parents. children Wesley1857 Lucretia 1860 Silva 1862 2nd wife Rebecca
A. Durham 1843-1928 children Maria 1864 Walter 1864 Alvina 187 Ambrose
1869 Emma 1870 John 1871 Ella 1874 Frederick 1878 Arthur 1881 James
Lived in Rochester Rosedale Lowell, MA
BARNHART - 11/24/14 -- Nicholas. Seeking
birth date and marriage date. Believed to be son of George a loyalist soldier
in Royal Yorkers. Lived in Cornwall, ON after 1790. Bruce
- BAXTER - 1/12/09 -- Seeking any information on the Baxter Family who were residents of Marlborough City from the early 1900's to at least
1950. Father Grand Baxter, Mother, Charlotte Ann Baxter nee Whilklow.
Children, Louella Baxter born 1890 and Walter Baxter born 1893. Louella married a John C Greatorex in Aug of 1909.
47 Yewdale Road, Harrogate, HG2 8NE, England.
- BECKLEY - 3/17/11 -- I am looking for any information on descendants of William Beckley and
Sarah Parkes Beckley. I am particularly interested in finding their
families is England.
- BENNET - 3/11/08 -- I am looking for information on Jacob Bennett born about 1812 and
married Julia barnes born 1817.
- BISHOP - 2/17/15 -- Looking for proof for the identity of parents of
David A Bishop, b. 1822, died around 1864, m. Sarah Bevier and lived in Ulster
County. Thank you. Jean Bishop
- BLAIR - 11/24/14 - Can anyone verify that a Robert Blair lived in the
town of Marlborough in 1795? His wife was Mary Osbourne Thank-you Captain
- BOCKUS - 3/27/09 -- seeking any info re. Johann Pieter Bockus,
born Dec.23,1712 In West Camp, Ulster County, NY.
- BOGARDUS - 7/14/2011 -- GGG grandfather Jacob b. abt 1813 married abt, 1832 Mariah Shaffer/Shaver b. abt 1812. He lived in Woodstock, NY all his life that I know of as she. He had children: Sylvester, Clarrisa, Jane Ann, Mary L. (mygg grandma) Jahleel, Janet Amana, Susan & Sarah. I am trying to find his parents. Anyone know who they are?? Kathy Price
- BOMER [Baumer?] - 3/11/08 --
Seeking info on a Charles Bomer, who lived on a farm in 1941 on Route
213 between St. Remy and Rifton.
- BONESTEEL & SNYDER - 8/23/09 -- Looking for information on these ancestors and their families. If you have any of these names in your history please contact me.
Maria Lana Bonesteel b. Dec 1812 Kingston New York m. Josiah Snyder
Martin A Snyder m. Jemma Van Etten
- BONT - 3/11/08 --
Barnard Bont/Daniel Bont Newburg area.
- BORSINA - 1/01/11 -- Looking for buriel site of Giuseppe (Joseph) Borsina born Sicily Ital 1890 died Highland, NY 1934. M. Fabiano
- BRADSTREET - 5/20/09 --
Looking for parents of my ggg grandmother Maria Bradstreet. I have
found William in the 1820 census and Bridget in the 1850. Anyone know
if these are her parents? Anyone have any information on this family?
Barbara Bruce Salisbury NC
- BRAFFET - 4/03/10 -- George Washington Braffet born 1 Feb 1804 Ulster Co. Any info on parents
Alan Kendall 15680 SW Peachtree Dr. Tigard, OR 97224
- BRANDOW - 7/25/08 -- John Henry Brandow (1822 New York) married Abigail;
children; Albert D Brandow
Albert D Brandow Married Carrie Eli House
Earl is father to Larry Brandow, my Brother in law. I am doing a Family
search for him and my Sister.
Can you help? Jacki
- BRIGGS - 12/31/07 --
Looking for info on Judeth Briggs Born 1769 Duthcess Co, Ny Parents
unknowen, Married David Doty from Beekman please reply to
Robert E Doty
- BRINK - 8/01/07 --
I am looking for my aunt, Patricia Ann Brink. She is the biological
daughter of Fannie Van Buren and Russell Brink Sr. She was born
March 15, 1940 in Walden, New York. Patricia was given up for
adoption by my grandmother when my grandfather left her with 10
children to feed. She was adopted out by Graham-Windham. No one in
the family has heard from her since and we really would like to know
more about her. Thank you, Wendy Brink Adams
- BROPHY - 3/27/09 -- Looking for info. on death/murder of John Brophy, husband of Bridget Brophy (born 1841) somewhere between 1881 -1900. Family was living in Rosendale but death could have happened in Kingston area. Children: Martin, John, Mary.
thank you tom brophy
- BROTHERS - 2/17/12 -- Maternal GGGrandfather John Michael Meyer - alive at 80 in 1920 - lived most of his life in Kingston. Was well known carriage and wagon manufacturer - having established in 1860 the plant on corner of Mill & Chambers St. Lived with wife Fredericka and 10 children at 11 Cottage Row. This information from a worn
obituary from the Kingston Ulster newspaper - date sadly missing. ?more information appreciated.
- BROWN - 3/11/08 -- I am looking for
info on Laura or Lauretta Brown a sister of my grandfather-in-law, She
was born in 1900 to Fred A. Brown and Hilea York who lived in
Otisville-orange county NY. She had or still has family in Ulster
County and Sullivan counties. Angie
- BROWN - 9/26/2008 --
I am looking for any information on Isaac Brown, surgeon. He was
in the area about 1775 or 1776. Thank you.
Justine Brown Miller
- BROWN - 5/20/09 -- I am looking for info on William Brown who married Abigail Brown. They
had a child born October 27, 1819. They lived in Mt Hope/ Otisville in
orange county. Please e-mail me at
- BOWN - 5/20/09 -- I am looking for info on Silas or Samuel Brown born around 1753. They
lived in Wallkill in 1790 and Mount Hope ,Orange County in 1840. Please
send any inquiries to
- BROWN - 08/23/09 --
Looking for information on parents and siblings of Alexander Smith Brown b. 1808 Wallkill NY. Married Mary Brundage 1830. Children were Daniel Brown, Mary Elizabeth Brown, Laura Delphine Brown, Jonathan Brown.
- BUDD - 3/27/09 -- My grandmother Alice BUDD, born in Ellenville, NY, to John BUDD
and Sophie/Sophia BUTTERFIELD, m. Casimir J. STECKIEWICZ/Charles J.
STECKEWICH in 1907. Two sons, Charles Julien, Jr., b. 3 Dec 1907 (at Ft.
McKinley, ME?) and Stanley Valentine, b. 10 Feb 1910 in Portland, ME.
Family lived in Portland, ME, until 1910 when relocated to New Bedford,
MA. Alice BUDD died in 1911. Stanley Valentine adopted by a
French-Canadian family named MILLETT (spelling?). Seeking information on
any of the above, but especially BUDD line. Contact
Bonnie Alice Lovell
- BUDD - 3/01/14 - I am looking for info (especially maiden name!) on
Margaret (maiden name unknown) Budd (b abt. 1811 in Northern Ireland), wife of
Budd (b 26 May 1811 in Wawarsing? Ulster Co, NY - d 20 July 1881 in Ulster Co,
NY). Married in USA, first child-James-born abt. 1842 in NY. Isaac was son of
John Budd (b 1770 in NY - d 24 May 1854 in Wawarsing in Ulster Co, NY) and
Sarah Byington (b 15 September 1785 in NY - d 19 April 1877 in Ulster co. NY) email@example.com
- BULEY - 5/26/08 -- Ada Mae Buley Frost, was great grandmother. Her father Was James Edgar
Buley Born 1856 Kingston, Ulster New York, died 24 Jun 1934 Roseau MN,
Her mother was Julia Eckert. Ada Mae was born Mar 1883 in New York and
I haven't found a date of death. I assume she died in Roseau sometime
after 1910 and before 1920. My grandmother was born in Roseau. So any
information about her would be helpful.
Also I have found conflicting information on her father's parents, some
say Patrick other's say Peter. I found more informaion saying Peter who
was married to Sarah Britt.
As you can see all information would be helpful. Thanks
- BUNCE - 03/17/11 --
I'm looking to document the birth of my ggggradfather Oliver BUNCE b.
5Jan1799 in Liberty, Ulster (now Sullivan), New York, USA. Any info,
especially names of parents, on his life in Liberty NY from 1799-abt
1836 would be greatly appreciated.
- BUNTING - 3/27/09 -- Livingston,b.1831 Ulster Co,NY ,m.Sarah Tyrrell/Terrell in
Ellenville,NY, d.1878 Ulster Hgts,NY, buried in Ulst Hgts Methodist Cem.
Looking for Livingston’s parents names.
Sandra Bunting Vedell
1214 Wicklow Dr, Cary, NC 27511
- BURGER - 2-20-10 -- NEED DATE OF MARRIAGE AND BRIDE OR BRIDES FOR COENRAADT BURGER WHICH
HAPPENED CIRCA 1780 IN NEW PALTZ.PPFHA1@aol.com
- BURKE - 9/26/08 --
Searching for records on my Great Great Grandmother, Johannah Burke, who
is listed in the 1880 Census as a widower living in Kingston. I am
trying to find her husband's name and the date of her death.
Kevin Burke Cincinnati, OH
- BURNS - 6/17/10 -- Burns / Byrne / Burnes
I’m asking for help or direction on locating the burial location of
“Thomas Burns” was born in “Dublin City, Ireland” on the 14^th of
January 1835. He arrived in” New York City” on July 5,1843 aboard the
with his father “Robert Burns” and his mother “Caroline (Crossland)
Burns” “Thomas Burns” died on July 17,1849.
Now, here is the problem I have come up against. The obituary states he
died in “Kingston, Canada” ,but the newspaper also states his funeral
will take place from his late residence
71 Bayard Street, Canada papers please copy
Upon checking with the “Kingston Ontario Historical Society”, I was
informed that there was no “Bayard Street” at that time in “Kingston
Ontario” !,the only location I can find for
“Bayard Street is “Kingston, Ulster Co, New York
Any help or direction would be most appreciated; in return I have
extensive in formation on the” Burns Family”. ,including a couple of
photos that I would be most happy to share. Respectfully
Peter G Barnard
- BUSH - 3/17/11 -- Jane Heloise Bush
was born*12 MAY 1856*/in/Marbletown, Ulster, New York
She is my great grandmother. She married Francis Robert Smart on May 12,
Anything you can tell me about her parents or family of origin would be
Thank you! Dr. Jane Martino
- BUZZANCO - 7/25/08 -- Looking for any information on the marriage of Salvatore
Buzzanco (b. 1889, Messina, Sicily, Italy; d. 1952, Kingston, New
York) and Mary Schafidi (b. Sept 1889, Sicily, Italy; d. Sept 1963).
Marriage was performed in Prattsville, Greene, New York. Any information
would be appreciated. Please email
- CALHOUN - 7/25/08 -- I am trying to find the parents of Elizabeth Calhoun, born in Ulster
County, around 1840 and married Anthony Mackey, who fought in the
Civil War. I think , Elizabeth's father was Calib Calhoun and her
mother was known only as Jane. Can anyone help me with more
- CAMERON 10/24/14 - Seeking any info on my 4x gr
grandparents John Cameron and his wife Elsje Mek Mollen living in New
Hurley pre 1775 and also any of his children born in New Hurley 1775 - 1788.
Send info to Michael Zikuski @
- CAMPBELL - 3/17/2011 --
Looking for information on Thomas W. Campbell who lived in Plattekill,
NY. He was born around 1868 and died around 1940. He worked for the
railroad as a book keeper. He was married to a woman named Anne or Lena
who was disabled. Kelly H
- CANNER - 6/17/10 --
I'm looking for information on John Canner and Susan Fry (Frey)
and their 8 children,one of whom was my great grandmother
(Josephine Canner Post). Buried in Fantinekill cemetery.
Susan married John Canner in 1866. He worked in a
- CAREY - 8/01/07 -- Peter and Julia. Children Johanna, John, Mary, others.
Belived to live Rondout or Rosendale 1840's. Peter Jr. served Civil War,
U.S. 5th Cav. Constable of Kingston City 1870's, married K Burk dau. of
Patrick Burk and Martha Curry. Others married Murphy, Quest, O'Brian.
Any info would be helpful.
- CARLING - 12/31/07 -- I am looking for more information on the parents of Gabriel Carling
1748-1790, Ulster, New York. They are James Carling (approx 1718) and
Mary ?? (approx 1718) , but I have no birth or death dates, places,
etc. Gabriel is my 6th great-grandfather and my 92 year old grandmother
has searched decades for more information on her family. ANY info on
Gabriel, siblings, and parents would be GREATLY appreciated.
- CARMAN - 6/17/2010 --
GGG Father Isaac born 1809 in Marbleton,any info onhis father and mother
and any other family?
Donald Carman 1544 Hopewell Friends Rd. Asheboro,N.C. 27206
- CARNEY - 12/31/07 --
Stephen Carney b. 174/6 ; married in 1794 Leah Terwilliger b. 1776 in
New Hurley. Any info on Carney parents?
- Carnright - 1/10/10 --
I am searching for information regarding a "Blanche"
that was buried with the Carnrights in Zena Cemetery. My mother's side
of the family is Carnright, and in the cemetary there is a headstone
with just "Blanche" on it-no birth or death dates. It sits between my
great grandparent's graves. No one know who she is: she is either my
aunt or great aunt. Anyone who was alive never spoke of her, and anyone
still living doesn't know. Any information regarding her would be a
great help. We know that she was born at least some time in the 1920s or
later. Thanks. Jana Kucera
- CARROLL - 8/01/07 -- Michael J. Carroll Born 1847 died 1912 in Plainfield, NJ. Married a widow Mary Ann Hurley
from London England who was born 1857 and died 1896 in Rosendale while
crossing that tall bridge over the tracks.. Both are buried at St.
Peter's Cemetery, Rosendale, NY. Do you have any old data? I am their
great grand daughter. Thank you,
- CASHDOLLAR - 12/05/09 -- I'm trying to find my GGGG Lewis Cashdollar's wife. Her first name is
Mary ? b. 1785 (Lewis b. 1783 d. 1852)
- CASSCLES - 7/25/08 -- Joseph Levi was born 29 November 1872 Marlboro, Ulster County
and I can find no other info on him. I found his WWI draft registration
but no more.
His brother Alonzo B CASSCLES was born in 1876. He shows up in the 1920
census but not later.
Any information on either would be greatly appreciated.
Jane VaughanTampa, Florida
- CHANDLER - 8/23/09 -- Looking for information on Daniel Chandler the son of Dr/Col George Fletcher superintendent of of the New York State Police. Dan was born 17 Sep 1901 died 18 Oct 1993 in Dallas, Texas. I am looking for information on his marriages
- CHRISTIANA - 02/19/11 -- Looking for any records on Vernon Christiana (born abt 1880) and Mary Kearney (born abt 1880)…they are my great-great-grandparents but can’t trace them further back…know they are in Marbletown as of 1900 census…
Thanks! Karyn Chenoweth
- CLARK - 03/11/08 --
Looking for any knowledge of (maiden name ) Magdelena Phillipa Clark.
1st Husband was John W. Edwall who died circa 1923. Second husband was
Harry Hill. I do not have marriage dates for either marriage nor do I
have names or dates for Magdalena's Parents. We know Magdalena diet in
1941 but we dont' know where she was buried. Any information would be
extremely helpful. Thank you.
7601 Main St. Apt. B1 Middletown, VA 22645
- CLINEMAN - 7/25/08 --
Birth abd death dates of Thomas and Rachael clineman children 1837 to
192l They had 13 children
D. Ruffle 1074 S. Avenida
Los Reyes Tucson AZ 85748
- CLUTE - 1/01/11 -- Clute (12/29/10)
Looking for any information on Clute family descendants of Jacob N Clute b: Nov 6, 1698 kingston-ulster county New Nederlands?
mark clute po box 40971 eugene Oregon 97404
- CODWISE - 01/12/09 -- seek parents of Elisha Rogers Codwise b. 29 july 1815
d. 14 july 1872. email me
- COLEMAN - 9/26/08 -- Looking for descendants to compare information about Joseph
Coleman born about 1718 died Nov 1799. He and his children lived in
Ulster and Orange Counties in New York. I am descendent of his
daughter, Sarah Coleman (died 1779) who married George Smith (10 Sept
1744-March 1803). LOVE to hear from some of my cousins.
Charles (11/20/2014) Born in Ireland in 1847; marriage in
Kingston (?) in Nov 1869 to Anna E Rush; resident of Kingston in 1870
- CONKLIN - 7/25/08 -- GGG Father Wesley Conklin born (date?) in
Denning. Married (date?) Ervilla Whitcomb born (date?). Son, Ivan
Vandover Conklin, born 16 Jan 1880 in Denning, Ulster County, NY.
Info on any name? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Cross
Conklin 1812 Rustic Hill Court, Frederick Maryland 21702
- CONNELLY - 2/17/12 -- my great grandfather was peter connelly born to james and bridget [nee towner] around the same time as amos connell mentioned in connelly /douglas on this websight on arriving in australia as a 16 year old he jumped ship and changed his name to condely have you got any more infomation that could help me thank you graeme condely
- COUTANT - 1/01/11 -- Looking for parentage of Isaac Newton Coutant, born in Stroudsburg, PA around 1825. Married Anna Oglevee 1852. Looking for a tie to Huguenot Coutants.
- COUTANT / LEFEVRE / KROM 9 November 2014
Looking for information about Oliver Lefevre's wife Eliza Jane Coutant and
her parents perhaps in Rosendale, Ulster, NY. I was led to believe that
Cornelia Ann Krom and Jacob Coutant were her parents, but the siblings and
dates are wrong. Eliza Jane Coutant m Lefevre was born around May 1842. She
married Oliver A Lefevre in June 1862, and my great grandfather Ira Dewitt
Lefever was born in 1867. N
CRAWFORD - 7/25/08 -- Seeking parents or siblings of ANDREW CRAWFORD, (b. about 1810) in
Lithingow, Scotland; m. ELIZABETH GEMMELL (b. about 1810) in
Renfrewshire, Scotland, April 20, 1834; Lived in Marbletown, Ulster
County, N.Y. Buried at Marbletown Cemetery. Any leads appreciated. Kevin Nowlan
- Crawford - 1/01/11 - I am looking for the parents and family of Edna Crawford, born Nov 13,1897 in Napanoch, NY. She married Jerry Krom, born Sept 20,1894. They are my grandparents.
Floyd Krom 122 Weed Hill Ave, Stamford, Ct, 06907
- Crotty - 9/09/10 --
GGG Benjamin Merical (could be Merckel, Markel and Merkel or) born
1812 in Kingston, Ulster County, New York. Any info on parents
and sibs? bill rowe,
4040 wasatch lane, golden valley, mn
- CRUSAN - 05/20/09 -- Searching for records on the marriage of John S Crusan
and Ida M in about 1910. They lived on Honey Hollow Road, New Baltimore
Township, Greene County, New York. It was their second marriage. He
lists his occupation as farmer. I am interested in his date of birth,
parents, previous children, etc.
- CUDDIHE - 5/20/09 --
My g-g-grandfather John Cuddihe was born in Saugerties ca 1852 maybe to
Michael (b. ca 1818 Ireland) Cuddihe and to Johanna Cuddihe (b ca 1828).
Michael & Johanna are enum in 1850 Census; in 1860 John, his brother
Michael are in household of Michael Cudahy (b 1835 Ireland) in Hurley.
Would like some tips on where their parents are buried, perhaps which
boat they took from Ireland & when. Also perhaps Johanna's maiden name.
In 1850 census there is Honora Maher in their household, she was 15.
Perhaps Johanna's sister.
- CUDNEY - 1/12/09 -- I am looking for information on the following families (from the 1855 Ulster County Census) Joel Cudney (53), wife Jane (38) children Levi (16), Joseph (14), William (12), Peter (5), Jeremiah (1), Arrena (1). The second family is Lawson: Joseph Lawson (33), wife (Rachel (28), children Hannah (11), William (9), Sarah (4) and Mary (2). Joseph Cudney married Sarah Lawson somewhere. I assume Ulster County but have no records. Any information on the Cudney or Lawson families would be appreciated. Thank you. Roger Hunt, 1911 SW Campus Dr, PMB 569, Federal Way, WA 98023
- CULLEN - 11/24/14 - I would like to find information on my
Patrick Henry Cullen (DOB 1867) Kingston, NY Cullen
- CURE 3/17/11 -- I am searching for information about John Wilder Cure, born
approximately 1864. His father was William D. Cure, born 1830 in Olive &
sometime after the 1880 census, (in Olive?). William D. Cure's father
was William Kewer, born 1802 in NY, but I don't know where.
Do you know of any information on the Cure family? I've checked many
sites on line, but they've all been dead-ends. If you have any
suggestions of where to find information, I would very much appreciate
- CUSHMAN - 7/25/08 --
I AM LOOKING FOR A BIRTH RECORD (THAT SHOWS HIS PARENTS, IF POSSIBLE) ON
JOHN C. CUSHMAN
BORN 30 MAY 1818 IN GREENFIELD, NEW YORK. DIED 1896 IN ILLINOIS.
HIS PARENTS ARE JOSIAH CUSHMAN (1783-1838) AND MARY CHILDS (BORN 1782).
HIS PARENTS LIVED IN GREENFIELD, NY APPROXIMATELY 1812-1820.
ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FAMILY WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED.
- CUTLER FAMILY - 5/26/08 -- FROM ELLINSVILLE AND WARWARSHING* - 4/24/99 - Looking
for information on Cutler family who resided in Ulster Co NY in late
1700's to early 1800,s. Would there be any Ulster courthouse records for
this time period? My great great grandmother Almira Cutler's cemetery
record at the Woodlawn Cemetery in Titusville PA lists her birth in
Ellinville NY on 13 Feb. 1823. She died on July 4th 1887. Her parents
are listed as David and Patience Cutler. They are listed on the 1850
census for Warren Co. PA. David Cutler's age is 73 (b 1777) and he's
listed as born in NY. Patience age is listed as 68 (b 1782) and her
birthplace as NY. The Warren Co History printed in 1887 lists David's
father as Sheldon Cutler. Interested in hearing from anyone related to
the Ulster Cutlers. email@example.com
- DAILEY/DAILY - 3/17/11 --
Caleb Dailey (Daily) b 1787. Lived in Rochester, Ulster Co. in 1827.
Searching for info on parents or spouse.
- DALEY - 9/09/10 -- I am looking for info on Samuel Daley born about 1775. Lived in
Lumberland Ulster county 1810. He had several children one being Samuel
Daley born about 1804 who married Susan Doss. Thanks,Angie
- DALEY - 8/12/11 --
Looking for the parents of James Daley b. abt. 1726 in Ulster, probably Shawangunk, d. 1772. He married Elizabeth Graham 1780. They are mentioned in her fathers will. Her father is Robert Graham. They attended the Dutch Reformed Church. They had 6 children my 3rd g grandfather John being the 3rd. He married Amy Mapes in 1780 in NY. John was born 28 Apr 1752 in Shawangunk and d. 2 Apr 1811 in Birmingham, Erie, Ohio. Amy was b.15 May 1753 in Goshen, Orange, NY, and died 14th of May 1842 in Skaneateles, Onondaga, NY. I am hoping to find out who James Daleys parents were.
Rose Adams 1741 Eden Plains Rd Brentwood, CA. 94513
- DAVENPORT - 8/01/07 -- I am seeking any information on Jonah/Jonas Davenport an Indian Trader
in the 1700's. He was born about 1680 and died in then Donegal, PA. Any
information on him, ancestors and decendants will be greatly appreciated.
- DAVIDSON - 3/17/11 --
John Davidson b. 8 SEP 1780 in NY d.15 May 1848 in Grand Rapids MI; m.
Rhoda Mudge 2 NOV 1799.Seeking information on this family and his
parents.Two John Davidsons listed in 1790 census, one in Ulster Co., the
other in Montgomery Co.John and Rhoda’s family seems to be Albany
County.I do not believe this is the John Davison / Elizabeth Anderson
Jim Meier 1122 Goodwood Ct.
Holland MI 49424
- DAVIS - 3/11/08 --
WILLIAM A. b 1828, NY - My G-G Grandfather. Wife: Margaret Sarah
(Belarmy/ Bellamy). Moved to Lloyd from Dutchess County in 1870 died
in 1892. 10 or 11 children. Ran the Highland Foundry. Found some info
online for children's Christenings at Presbyterian Church in Highland in
1873 (Myron, Sarah, Mary,Lillian, Anna). Brother Hiram Davis. Looking
for any info. Thanks! firstname.lastname@example.org
1200 Rolling Lane Casselberry, FL 32707
- DAVIS - 4/03/10 -- WILLIAM A.
b. 1828 – d.1892. Born in Dutchess Cty moved to Highland, Lloyd Ulster
Co in 1869 and ran the Highland Foundry. Married to Margaret S. Bellamy.
Brother Hiram Davis. Father is John Davis from VA.. Mother ? Children:
William (died at 19) Martha, Franklin, (died at 13) Sarah, Mary,
Lillian, Anna, Ella, Margaret, Myron, George and Edda Jane. Buried at
Highland Cemetery. Trying to find info on his Father, Mother, Brother.
Lauren Davis 1200 Rolling Lane Casselberry, FL 32707
- DECKER - 03/27/09 --
Searching for info on Arthur Nelson Decker. Married Elizabeth Grace
Driscoll. Parents: James Decker and Carolyn Parker.
3910 Timber Ridge Rd, Midlothian, VA 23112
- DECKER - 8/23/09 -- Looking for the birth records for Isaac Decker(Aug. 1850). Death records for Margaret Decker (between 1880 and 1900 - mother of Isaac) and Balinda (Perry) Decker (between 1895 and 1900 - wife of Isaac). The births and deaths were in Ulter Co.
- DECKER - 12/05/09 -- Who has any information on - The Society of Mayflower descendants link
to Jan Gerritson Decker. Any information on lineal descent would be
greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
- DeGROOT - 1/10/10 -- I have no information about Susannah DeGroot b abt 1885. My mother thinks she was born in PA,
and had Indians in her ancestry. She was my mother's grandmother and
she married twice, once to a Simmonds and then to John Martin. She
resided many years in Camden, NJ. She had about 10 children and she
finished raising my mother. I believe she died in the 1940's. Any help
anyone can offer would be great. Southern Consolidated Storage
- DENN - 1/01/11 -- William
GGG Grandfather William Amsbury dob 1747?, is in 1790 Census for
Mamakating, ulster, NY along with his father-in-law, my GGGG Grandfather
William Denn dob 1740 NY, his son 1775, and maybe a brother. From what I
have heard, Amsbury was a Loyalist who went to Canada, Denn was in the
Rev. War for NY.
I’m trying to find out any information on either man.
Is Denn buried in Ulster Co? Is his daughter, my GGG Grandmother Julia
(Lydia) Denn Amsbury dob 1767 NY?
I also have a Chautaugua, NY bits of info for both Julia and William
Amsbury, possibly died there.
Thank you so much for any information you can give me,
Bonnie Amsberry Brown
- DePUY - 3/27/09 -- I am seeking information related to John DePuy (middle initial possibly
M.), who was purportedly born in Accord, NY, 3/23/1838. His daughter
was my great-grandmother, Elizabeth (Libbie) DePuy. Her married name
was Homan. He, and possibly family members, reportedly relocated to
Glen Elder, KS, in 1875. Gregory B. Nichols,
Chief Warrant Officer Three, US Army (Retired)
- DeVOE - 3/27/09 -- David born ca. 1820, moved from NJ ca. 1857 to Marlborough; brother Cornelius
DeVoe Mayer Poulin
- DeWITT - 7/25/08 -- I am trying to locate information on Marilyn Dewitt. Born 1924. Daughter
of Maynard Dewitt born Feb 17, 1881
Anything you might be able to connect me with would be appreciated.
- DeWITT - 7/25/08 -- Looking for family information on Cornelius Hardenburg DeWitt born 1839
in area of Marbletown, married Sarah Elizabeth Bush.
- DEWITT - 01/12/09 --
looking for confirmation of birthdate and place for Nathan DeWitt,
supposedly born 17 April 1804 in Wawarsing, Ulster County, New York to
John A. DeWitt and Maria Vernooy - also confirmation of birthdate and
place for his daughter, Mary Jane DeWitt, supposedly born 24 Sept
1831 - and confirmation of Nathan's wife's name: Electa Wyatt - all
thought to be members of Dutch Reformed Church
Carol Kredt 27-928 Bearwood
Lane, Victoria, B.C. V8Y 3G8 Canada
- Deyo - 1/01/11 -- Seeking info on Sgt Daniel Burhans Deyo served with the 156th NYSV I will share what info I have J Deyo 3416 Warren Pl ,Va Beach,VA 23452
- DIETZ - 3/17/11 --
GGGG father Edward Deitz (Teets) born in 1778 in Ulster County
according to 1855 NY State Censis.May have been born to a slave?
Any info will be appreciated.
Bob Currier 306 Fir Street Warminster PA 18974
- DOBBS - 9/25/07 --
I am requesting information about my grandfather Gilbert Dobbs born
approximately 1893, married Theresa Jones, one son Gilbert Mosher Dobbs.
He was 17 years old on 1910 Ulster County census. I would like to know
where he is buried and who his mother and father were.
- DOUGLAS - 10/15/11 -- I am looking for info on William Charles Douglas, DOB June 15, 1877 and DOD September 26, 1940 who is buried in Mountain View cemetery in Saugerties NY.
I would like any information you can provide such as family especially mother and father. Thank you.
- DOWELL - 3/27/09 -- Does anyone remember Jonathan and Harriet Dowell and family? They lived
in Ulster 1910-1930 at least.
Their daughter,Laura Baner and family lived next door to them in 1930. A
niece of Lauras, Mabel Brewer lived with Laura and family.
John & Marilyn Wright
- Dubois/Mains - 9/25/07 --
Looking for information on descendents of Rodney DuBois, born in 1904,
and Anna Mains, born in 1903. They were residents of Kingston.
Lambert A Martin
- DU BOIS - 10/15/11 -- Looking for a Wilhelmus Du Bois who lived in Marborough, Ulster County, New York. He lived there in 1800. Also a Louis J Du bois who might be a cousin
or brother. I am wondering if either of them is connection to Esther and Daniel Du Bois who had a daughter Flora 1874-1967, Chemung Co. New york
Shirley Hotchkiss Wheet
- DUDLEY - 6/17/2010 -- Looking for information on Sarah Dudley, who lived in Rosendale during
her life time, had a twin sister named Catherine. Sarah Dudley was
married to Cornelius Deyo Davis (died around 1853-1854) and had 5
children, Sarah, Blandina, Lewis, Emma Jane (b. 1850) and Caroline.
Lewis died as a child, and Cornelius died of TB. Sarah (or Sally)
remarried a Jeremiah Freer after the death of Cornelius. Any help or
information on this family will be appreciated. Thanks.
- DUFFY - 3/27/09 -- I am seeking information about my
Greatgrandparents, James Duffy and his wife Margaret Geary. They were
listed in the 1860 Town of Esopus census.They both emigrated from County
Meath, Ireland. James was born about 1833 and worked on the D&H canal.
They had 10 children, Peter, Mary, Bridget, John, Margaret, James, Anna,
Elizabeth, and Thomas. One child died in infancy. Any information about
James and Margaret's parents or siblings would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. Donald Draminski
- DUGAN - 4/03/10 -- Looking for my brother. Frank W. Dugan - born in late 50s. and my sister
Patty Dugan. Father: Harold S. Dugan, Mother: Mary Dugan.
- DUNBAR - 12/31/07 -- I am looking for information on George Henry
Dunbar, b 12/31/1850 supposedly in Scotland, came to Kingston, NY
sometime in the late 1800s. Married to Caroline Moyle who was from
England. Had ten living children, several of whom moved up to the
Capital District (NY) area in the 1920s-1930s. He died in the 1930s or
1940s and is buried at Montrepose Cemetery in Kingston, NY. E-mail
address is Cassandra Dunbar Thanks
- DUNBAR - 1/12/09 -- I have information about Israel Dunbar and his descendants.
- DYKEMAN - 8/23/09 -- Looking for any information regarding ancestors and descendants of John Dykeman and Cynthia Purdy who married in Canada.
- EAGER - 6/17/2010 -- Looking for any probate records for Martha Eager, widow of Thomas Eager
of Wallkill whose will was probated June 26, 1792. Also any birth
records for children John, Thomas, Martha, Lydia, Jane, William, James,
and Meriam. Most of Wallkill's early town records were lost.
Connie Hunter, 1003 Hwy 93 N., Carmen, ID 83462
- EATON - 2/20/10 -- looking for info on charles eaton b switzerland 1855 m to caroline or
carrie dibble in 1880 d 1896 in preble ny had brother joseph and one
tomas ? lived in shandken
- ELMORE - 4/03/10 --
Am seeking information (wife, parents, siblings, grandparents, dates,
etc.) on Riverious Palmer Elmore (b 1815 in Sharon, CT d 1897 in
Milwaukee, WI) who moved with his family, when he was three, to Elmore's
Corners, Esopus, Ulster County. Eight Elmores are buried in the
Teerpenning Family Ground in Esopus but can not firmly connect these to
Riverious. Peter Walker 600 S. State St., #300,
Bellingham, WA 98225
- ENDERLY - 5/26/08 -- Need info on John ENDERLY & Ann Elizabeth POTTER
parents of Mary Elizabeth ENDERLY, b. 1854 . Known children - Sarah &
William. William ENDERLY, b. ca.1869, m. Alida RICHNER (Richnor) & had
children Jessie & John C. Mary Elizabeth ENDERLY m. John DUNNING,
b.1849, had children Howard, Earl, Cora, Fred, Frank & Sadie. Believe
Enderly and/or Potter may be American Indian, tribe unknown but suspect
it may be Delaware . Believe they may have been born/lived in Ulster
Co., NY. Reply to: AERingen@aol.com
- ENNIS - 9/25/07 --
I am trying to trace our roots to Martin Van Buren. My great
grandmother, Sarah Ennis (maiden name) (Rogers is the great-grandfather
sur name) was born in Kinderhook, BUT to my knowledge she died in
Ellenville around 1939. She had lived in Syracuse and Brooklyn but had
a farm in the Hudson family and my mother said that "Ma" ,as my
great-grandmother liked to be called, was buried in Ellenville.
She always claimed to be a direct descendent of Van Buren and I had a
cousin who died over twenty years ago who did the family tree and proved
it but I never saw it. I only learned that it was true -- we have a wee
bit of Dutch in us and that the Irish side is from County Mayo.
*So I am trying to determine two things:*
*Was Sarah Ennis buried in Ellenville on our around 1940?*
*Is she a direct descendent of Martin Van Buren?*
Two of my cousins and I will make a trip to the Hudson Valley next
summer and I want to research over the winter months.
Thank you, Margaret Potter Penfield (suburb of Rochester, NY)
- EWAN - 8/23/09 -- William 1773 Vermont d.12/1/1811 Ontario NY m.Sarah Ellsworth Had 8 children when left widowed the family moved to CT,Ind. child Joseph A Ewan 1797 Pa-1897 Ind M. Sarah Whitecomb ,Samuel 1798 Pa 1841 Ny m. Mercy Sprague.,James 1796, I am beginning to wonder if the father to these children was Levi Ewan son of Absalom Ewan B.1720 NJ which married Rachel Grant a widow.He had a Levi 1754 PA,David A 1791 PA and Absalom b 1755 m Keziah Gaskill.
- EWAN - 6/17/2010 -- Abdalom Ewan 11/12/1755 NJ 3/21/1840 Nj Pemberton Baptist Cemetery NJ and Keziah Gaskill 1755 8/17/1838 Pemberton Baptist Cemetery NJ Also Keziah Gaskill married a ? Sutts before Absalom Thanks
Sharon K Ewan Johnson
- FAIR - 6/17/10 -- Looking for information on the Fair family that resided in Ulster County
Ny. I have an Amsi Lewis Fair born abt 1800. I am looking for more
information on his father Whom I believe is John L Fair born abt 1784
and his mother named Sarah ? Teri Ely
- FEENEY - 9/25/07 --
I am looking for information on John and Ellen Feeney who lived in
Saugerties in 1870. He worked in the quarry and the originally came from
Ireland. Thank you.
- FERGUSON - 1/12/09 --
Am trying to find out who the parents are of my Gabriel Ferguson b ca
1811 in Esopus and d 8/1897 in Leurenkill. He was married to Mary Jane
Silsby and they had six children that I know
of-Edward,Alonzo,Maria,Millard,William,and Jane Ann. He had a sister
named Catherine who was married to a Lounsberry-he also operated a store
for a good many years in the area. Looking for any help that I can get!!!
- FLANNERY - 10/10/09 -- Gravesite?
Elizabeth Flannery, b.1847 in Roundout Village. Bridget Flannery,b 1850.
Both girls are in 1850 Census but not in 1860 Census for John Flannery.
Did they die? Gravesite? marthaflannery
- FLUKIGER - 05/26/08 -- gggrand
mother mary married to patrick kelly 1890? I live in ellenville town
of wawarsing will share info. well read in local history.
todd wilhelm 14 woodland road napanoch ny 12458
- FERGUSON - 3/11 08 -- I am looking for information on Hezekiah Ferguson whose father was
Gabriel and Hannah Smith . Hezekiah married Suzanna Cornell. I am also
looking for info on Gabriel feruson born about 1811 and married Mary Jane.
- FORBES William G., - August 11, 2011 --
Revolutionary Veteran (1751 - 1840) said to be buried in Reformed Church of Shawangunk Churchyard. Will Pay or do geneal. lookups in NYC area for picture/location of tombstone.
Oliver Wayne 755 Anderson Ave. # 5L, Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
- FORD - 1/10/09 -- Phoebe Ann Rider married Charles Edmund Ford from Lexington, N.Y. 17
Feb 1885. Looking for any information what happened to her? Where is she
buried? Fred Ford
- FRANCELLA - 8/01/07 -- were loking for santo fancella related to antonia francella from glasgow
ulster county from 1906 to 1930
- FREER - 3/27/09 --
Matthew Freer mid-1800's who sold his farm to my GG GF George
Schmith/Smith, who left it to his sons Benjamin and Jacob in his will 1871.
- FRENCH - 10/10/09 --
I am looking for documentation revealing the names of boat captains who
worked along the Hudson River between 1840 and 1870. Family lore tells
me that James French 1821 - ? was a captain who owned a boat. Was
authorization needed in order to run a business on the water?
We have no documentation to prove he had a job on the water other than a
letter between two of his children describing him as being out to *sea*
and family rumor that he was a captain. His children were born in
Ulster. We aren't sure if this is Ulster the county or Ulster the town.
We don't know what sort of boat he ran, but would like to start by
investigating the possibility that he might have run a steam boat
business along the Hudson. Any insight or suggestions appreciated.
- FRENCH/HANER - 4/03/10 -- I am looking for marriage information for _James W. French and Sarah
James was possibly the son of Diana French and brother of Abram French.
Sarah was the daughter of Barbara Haner.
Sarah is found on an 1850 census living with her mother in Prattsville.
I believe the marriage took place between 1850 and 1856.
Subsequent children from this union were born in Ulster, not sure if
just County or County and town.
Thanks for any insight.
- FOY - 3/17/11 -- I am looking for information on Patrick and Ann Foy who lived in Rondout
in Ulster County during the 1870s – 1880s. Patrick was born
approximately 1832 and Anne 1840. According to great-great grandmother,
Patrick worked as a ferryman at one point but I’ve found him on the
census in 1870 as a quarryman. Daughter was Katie or Katherine or Kate
Foy, I believe worked as a maid for Buddington family in 1880, also in
Kingston region. Kate became pregnant out of wedlock. Lost all contact
w/ parents. Any information on Patrick or Ann, whereabouts on or after
1880, much appreciated! Thank you.
- GARDNER/GARDINER - 9/09/10 --
Searching for info (parents/siblings) for Charles Gardner/Gardiner born
abt 1808 in NY Ulster or Orange Co died Jan2, 1875 age 66 years 9
months according to tombstone buried RDC Sullivan Co. Married Mar
19, 1835 to Julia Misner. Believe he was living in Greenfield Ulster Co
at time of marriage. 1850 census shows him living in Wawarsing Twp.
Ulster Co. Children : Martha, Phebe David and Edward.
I don't have access to the 1830 or 1840 census.
Any assistance or suggestions are gratefully appreciated.
Barbara Pulley 683 Penny Branch Rd Warsaw NC 28398
- GARRISON - 12/31/07 -- Philip and Lovina. Will appreciate any information on this
family. Philip was a hotelkeeper in Ellenville, Ulster Co. NY in the
late 1800s. He may have been a dentist in Newton, Sussex Co. NJ
previously. Children were Clara, Floid, Margaret, Susan, and Catherine.
Thank you. Audrey Ulm
- GAVETTE - 1/12/09
I am interested in any info on ancestors or relative with this last
name, will share info
- GERGES - 08/26/11 --
Gerges family in 1930 Fed census Wawarsing twp. seeking info on bungalow business. Help with 1925 NY state census or business directory. 3 children too young for school in 1930's
R. Moiel Houston, TX 77027
- GILMORE - 12/05/09 -- My great grandfather Robert Henry Gilmore came to Australia in 1858 from
New York on a ship called the "Hesperion". It was a bacque. It arrived
in Sydney 30 Dec 1858. He was the cook on that ship. He was 22 yrs old
when he arrived. His name is Robert Henry Gilmore.He said he was born in
Kingston New York in 1836.His father Robert Gilmore, mother Mary Smith.
Mother died when he was about 11 yrs old, His father remarried. He left
the ship in Sydney, and married Susan Sherwood 5th Aug 1859. He died 1st
Nov 1913 in Coolah New South Wales Australia. I have been unable to find
his birth registered, or any other connection. I will be very grateful for
any help that you can give me in finding his ancestors or any
information that can help.
- GORDON - 8/23/09 -- Information on GORDON family. Father: Isaac(?), sons John Jacob, Samuel, daughters Jane, Doris. Lived in Kingston 1890s.
- GRAHAM - 8/23/09 -- Robert lived in Shawangunk, NY. He married Antie/Antje STORM. Their daughter Elizabeth GRAHAM married James DALEY (as per will dated 29 Sep 1766) according to will of Robert GRAHAM. I am looking for any information on these families. Robert and Antie are my 6th G Grandparents. James Daley is my 5th. It is thought that there is a connection for Antje with the Sleepy Hollow STORMS.
- GRAHAM - 2/20/10 --
Brothers Abarham (b.1798) and Zachariah (b. 1802, my GG) lived in Wayne
Co. NY are believed to be the sons of Sylvester Graham from Ulster Co.
Confirm and any info on Sylvester. Zachariah Graham listed in Ulster
County In the Revolution might be Sylvester's father.
Andrew R. Graham Buffalo, NY 14202
- GRANT - 9/26/08 --
My grandfather and his brother went to live in an orphanage in Fort Lee,
NJ after their mother died (about 1921). They arrived in the summer when
all the kids were away at camp in West Park, NY. They took a train up
there and had to walk 3 miles to the summer locale of the orphanage.
Does anyone have any info on where they would have stayed? Photos of the
- GRAY - 12/31/07 --
GGGG Mother Elizabeth Gray married to Thomas Barley/Barby had a daughter
Annie born 11/18/1822 in sampsonville,n.y. annie married peter kilday
and moved to Connecticut where she died in Putnum in 1923.
thank you for your help,
Patricia McGuirl Warwick,R.I.
- GRAY - 9/09/10 -- ABRAHAM From Mamakating, New York. Served in the Revolutionary War. Later
moved to Ohio. Looking for any information.
- GREATSINGER - 5/26/08 -- my great grand parents were Albert&MaryAnn rose GreatSinger they were
from owega New York my grandmother name was Virginia Doris GreatSinger.
Would like to know what their last name meant
- GRIFFIN - 12/05/09 --
Information on Clara Catherine Griffin Carter. Married William Elliot
Carter of Brooklyn,NY. She was the daughter and sister to lawyers in
Griffin's Corners. Probable timeline: 1870/1880 Any information would
be greatly appreciated.
Julie Carter thank you
- GUILFUS - 09/25/07 -- (GUILFOOS), (KEYLFOOS), (KUYLVOES), (GEILVOES),
(GUILFOES), (GUYLFUP), - 10/17/99 -- Wish to share info with any
descendants of Jacob KEYLFOOS and Hester BYARD (BEIRT) m Ulster Co. 9
Aug 1784 (Kaatsbaan Ch. Rec) Had sons Christian m Anna OSTERHOUT, Martin
m Margaret Addison (2) Zilpha MOGG, and Jacob m Jane MUZIER. Christian
and Jacob to Cayuga Co., NY before 1840. Many spelling variations! My
line is through Jacob and Jane who had sons John, Jacob, Ira,
Christopher, George and probably William and perhaps Peter.
Marlene C Carpenter Lancaster, PA
- HALL - 2/20/10 -- I am looking for info on Linus Hal who married Esther. He was born on
6/2/ 1792 and lived in Ellenville.Please end any inquires to
- HARRIS - 1/12/09 --
Looking for Eldeen Patricia Harris born Jan 1945 and possible siblings. Parents Vincent Harris and Juanita Otto.
- HARVEY - 10/15/11 -- Looking for Information on Hollis Harvey
who passed away in June of 1978 in Kingston
I would like to know if he had any children or other relatives
My connection is his father was my grandfather's brother.
any info would be appreciated
Thank you Stephanie Harvey
- HAYDEN - 5/26/08 -- I am hoping to gather any info. regarding my mother's parents, Harry
Hayden and Abbie Griffin Hayden. I know that there are connections to
the New Windsor, and Newburgh, NY area. My mother Gail Hayden Foster was
born in New Windsor. This is my first attempt at trying to piece
together any info. regarding extended family and I would be most
appreciative of any help. My mother was born in 1914 and died in 1964,
she had 6 siblings... Matthew, Margaret (Peggy), Harry (Happy),
John,Joseph, and Joan. I believe that the surname Tracy also enters into
our family tree. Many thanks in advance.
Abbie Foster Blazar
- HAYNES - 9/25/07 --
I am looking for information on the Haynes, Haines, Hanes family from
Ulster Co., NY. They also moved to Greene Co., PA. George J Haynes was
the father. Contact me at email@example.com
- HENDERBERG - 1/10/10 --
Great grandfather William Peter Henderberg, born Dec. 14 1856? in
Glenn Eyrie in the Caskill Mountains. Parents names were ‘John’
and’Elizabeth.’ He had at least one brother named George. The 1920
census (Fed) states Elizabeth is from Holland and speaks Dutch.
Father’s column is harder to read and may be Holstein-Schleswig,
Germany. He spoke German. I would appreciate any help identifying this
family, births, deaths, cemeteries etc.
- HES(two"S"s?)LEY - 6/17/10 --
Any known families by that name (one s or 2) anywhere in Ulster Cnty
1840's-1860's? My grandfather (ne /Adams/) b. 1847 in or near
Saugerties was adopted or 'taken in' by a Hes(s)ley family when both of
his parents died in 1849 of cholera- he took that surname for his own.
I have not been able to locate any such family name in Ulster Cnty area
during that period. Church records (so far) have also turned up
nothing. I live in OH so scanning NY newspapers and cemetery records
isn't currently an option. On-line Hopefarm cemetery records have
nothing. LDS records don't seem to cover that time period (or else
they don't have this name). Might there have been an orphanage in
Ulster Cnty back then? Any info. on Hes(s)ley family or any ideas
about this search much appreciated. Pay genealogy sites are out of
reach ($) for now.
- HINES - 5/20/09 --
Any information on my great grandfather Patrick Hines (born approx.
1854). Positive ties to Ulster County (Saugerties - relatives are
buried in or near there), Cairo and Kingston. I have searched some
cemeteries in Ulster County, but nothing is coming up. Any
information (cemetery where buried, including exact birth/death
dates, his mother and father's names, which country did they
originate from) will be appreciated. Thank you -
Diane Marie (Hines) McClain Stone
- HOLT - 2/17/12 -- HOLT - 7/4/01 -- GG Father Walter Holt, age 40, living Beacon,NY by census 1915. Looking for any information. Will share records from Walter forward. firstname.lastname@example.org Spring, Texas
- HOOD - 2/17/12 -- Rebecca dob about 1790 in Ulster County, married Solomon Knickerbocker then settled
in Steuben Co. email@example.com
- HORN - 3/11/08 --
My HORN ancestor may have taken the Hudson River Path, or the Minsi
Path on the way to PA. I see that both Paths cross Ulster Co. Also, on
the 1790 NY Ulster Co Kingston Tower Dist census, a Jacob HORN has a
male in the family that would fit my ggg-grandfather, Jesse HORN, who
would have been 7 years old at the time. Although Jesse was b 1783 PA,
with Ulster Co bordering PA, I'm hoping there's a family connection.
Can anyone give me more information on Jacob HORN, or for that matter,
any HORNS in Ulster Co? Thank you so much!
- HORNBECK - 9/25/07 --
I think I am a great great great great grand son of Peter A. Hornbeck,
but cannot be sure because I have been unable to connect Aaron Hornbeck
with Peter A. Hornbeck. They are both in the Wawarsing area of Ulster
County and Peter A. is the right age to be Aaron father but I have no
proof. Does anyone have any information regarding either Aaron Hornbeck
or Peter A. Hornbeck that would help me link them. Aaron was born in
1822 and died on March 6, 1868. I think he is burried and the Dutch
Reformed Church Cemetery in Grahamsville, New York. Another site said
he was buried in Modena. He married Sarah Elizabeth Sheley b.
1827 around 1845 and they had the following chilrdern Jerome b. 1846,
Alexander b. 1848, Cincinati b. 1850, Delia b. 1853, John Henry b. 1853,
Mary E. b. 1857, Seth b. 1859 and Sarah b. 1863. I think Peter A.
Hornbeck was born on September 17, 1795 and was Christened on November
14, 1795. He married Charity Kettle. I do know from a later census
that Peter and Charity had a son morgan in 1827 and a daughter Rachel.
If anyone could email Tom Hornbeck
with any information on this I would
- HOUGHTAILING - 2/20/10 -- I am looking for information on George Garfield Houghtailing Family.
They are listed in the 1930 census living in Ulster County.
- HRISAFINIS - 3/17/11 --
GGG Father Thomas Campbell, born in NJ around 1868. Married around 1895
to Lena J. Worked as a bookkeeper for the steam railroad, died around 1939 or 1940
in a train accident.
Any more information you can provide would be appreciated.
- HULL - 9/26/08 --
Looking for information on the family of Nathaniel Hull born Dec. 1751,
married Sarah Conklin had 12 children.
Cannot find any information on siblings or his parents. Also would
anyone have information on when he died and where he is (cemetery) Any
information would be welcomed.
Thank you Elaine Gregersen
- HUMMELL - 9/25/07 --
Looking for families of Stephen Hummell b:1825 - d:1904 and Matilda
Keisler b: 1856 - d:1938. They had 8 surviving children.
- HUMPHREY - 3/27/09 --
Patience Humphrey age 88 is living with Jeremiah Frazier 1850
Shandaken.1855 she is with Peter Crispell.I'd like to know who she is
and how the Frasier/Crispells are related to her.Jeremiah's wife was
Hannah Crispell. Andrea & Tom Kelly
- HUNT - 5/20/09 --
mother Catherine born ?7/10/1917 lived at poorhouse Industrial Home of Kingston.Who are parents? adopted 1/1921
Mel 650 339 0947
- HUNT - 2/20/10 -- My g.g.grandmother Abigail Hunt DePuy was married to Cornelius DePuy in May, 1810 at Dutch Reformed Church of Fishkill in Dutchess County. Cornelius DePuy and Abigail Hunt were both from Rochester in Ulster County. Who was Abigail Hunt's father. We know he was a Revolutionary War Soldier. We know he lived in Rochester, Ulster County in 1810. There appears to be at least a Jacob Hunt family and a John Hunt family on the 1810 census of Ulster County, and they lived in Rochester. There might have been another Hunt living in Rochester and his first name probably started with an "A" as in Augustine or Abel or ? ? ? I need to find out the name of Abigail Hunt's father. Abigail was born 1790-1792, I think. Your assistance or your recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks,
- HUNT - 4/03/10 -- GRISWOLD
I note that a user of this website back in 1999 asked for information on
Martha "Mattie" Liston Griswold Hunt of Ulster County. She was the
principal beneficiary of my Great Great Uncle's estate and I have more
information if anyone wishes to contact me for it.
Harold Tichenor Bowen Island, BC
HULSLANDER - 2/17/15 -- I am looking for information on the Hulslander family, specifically Susan Ann Hulslander. Susan was born about 1808 and married Benjamin Sweet. Susan’s baptismal record was found in the Ulster County Dutch Reformed Church records in the area of Shawangunk, NY.
I am looking for any information on this family name, the church, and the area. Thank you very much! Joann Russell
- HUTTON - 3/27/09 -- William Hutton born 1783 married Mariah Boice
Parents of William Hutton?
Parents of Mariah Boice?
Parents of son’s(Jacob Hutton 1815) wife Lydia Hoffman 1819?
- JOHNSON - 7/25/08 --
Looking for my family history. My father was James Johnson, my
Grandparents were Kenneth and Mary Johnson last address was Pearl St.
Kingston, NY before they died about 1990's. Dad died and I dont know any
ancestors or great grandparents names.
- JOHNSON - 2/17/12 -- Caroline E. (Dubois ) Johnson born 1849 mother Phebe Dubois, married Peter Johnson children Amos, Carrie May, Augusta, Harriett Amilia. J. Wade Brooks
- JONES - 6/17/10 -- Looking for anything on Ella M Jones.. she was my mother..born about
1905..Chichester, NY Ulster Co. she was an only child...married a Claude
Ashley..in May of 1925..I am trying to find her father my
grandfather...her mother may have been a Shaw
- JONES / TITUS - 2/17/12 -- Originally part of the Van Dam Patent purchased in 1709, Thomas Jones
sold to Willit Titus his farm of some 336 acres along the Paltz in
1807/8, Does anyone have more information about this property or either family?
- JORDAN - 1/10/10 -- Seeking parents of JOHN JORDAN born 6 Mar 1764 perhaps in Ulster Co, NY. He died 26 Jan 1850 Pike, Wyoming Co, NY, but buried in family lot in Friendship, Allegany Co., NY. He married 15 Sep 1785 probably in or near Goshen, Orange NY Julia SWARTOUT born 18 Nov 1769 daughter of Jacobus SWARTOUT who before and during the Revolution lived in Sugar Loaf which is now in town of Chester, Orange Co., NY but then in town of Warwick, Orange Co., NY. ANY help would be appreciated on these above mentioned families
- KANE - 05/26/2008 --
GG Parents Patrick & Theresa Kane. Kingston, NY 1890's. Four daughters:
Maria b. 1872; Anna b. 1873; Tessie b. 1876; Helen b. 1878. Seek family
info & descendants not of Helen's line. Some or all in Kingston still.
Planthaber. Grateful for any leads.
- KASTNER/ROBISON 3/17/11 -- Researching John Kastner (b. 3/10/1839) and Gertrude Robison Kastner(b. 1/1/1841) of Eddyville, NY. Their children: Susan(1868),Lorena(1870),Charles(1873), Mary(1875),John(1878), William(1879). Lorena married Marvin Hosier 2/19/1893 in Rosendale.
- KEECH - 5/26/08 -- Seeking information about my ggGrandfather Daniel KEECH, born
c1826 somewhere in NY. I want to know who his parents and siblings were,
his exact birthdate, what county he was born in, etc. He moved to Erie
Co., PA and in 1846 married there to Eliza KING. They had seven
children: Edward "Edy" Lee KEECH, D.T. "Dorr" KEECH, Nettie Louise
KEECH, Ella KEECH, Alice KEECH, Evangeline Annis "Eva" KEECH, and
Byron/Bryon KEECH. Daniel and Eliza KEECH are found on the Venango Co.,
PA 1870 Census with their 7 children, but in 1872 they moved to Riley
Co, KS, and by 1873, Eliza was a widow. Eliza is shown twice on the 1880
census, in both Riley Co, KS, and in Laramie County, WY with her 3
youngest children, Alice, Byron, and Eva, and with her son Dorr/D.T.
KEECH, farming. If you have any connection to this family, please
contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- KELLY - 3/20/08 -- I am searching for information on my 3rd great-grandparents, Michael
and Katherine (Dowd) Kelly. Michael Kelly was born in Ireland abt. 1835
and he is in the 1870 Federal Census of Rosendale, NY. The last time he
appears in the Federal Census of Rosendale, NY is in 1900. His wife is
widowed according to the 1905 state census of Rosendale, NY. Can
someone find out his death date and burial place for me? I would also
like to find out Katherine's death date and burial place as well.
Katherine was born in Ireland abt. 1845. Could someone also look up
when and where they were married? I believe they married between 1860
and 1861 in Rosendale, NY. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Shellie Eagan Texas
- KENDRICK - 10/10/09 --
GGG Father Gifford born approx. 1864 to Robert E & Sarah Kendrick.
Appears on 1870 census living in Marbletown. Any info appreciated.
- KING - 10/15/11 -- Looking for information on Margaret MacLauren King, b. 1882 and her sons Donald B, b 1907, Douglas, b 1913, Kenneth, b 1916 and Gordon, b. 1918. They lived in Rosendale in 1930. The boys father was Walter King, son of Edward King, my great grandfather. Douglas may have lived in Kerhonkson.
- KNIFFIN, KNIFFEN - 12/31/07 --
James Kniffin was born around 1833 in Ulster County, New York. He
enlisted in the Civil War in Kingston. He married Martha Bradstreet in
New York, Catherine McIntyre in Iowa and Alice Herbert in South Dakota.
He died 9 Jan 1912 in Fall River, South Dakota. Any info on his parents,
siblings or family would be greatly appreciated. email@example.com
- KNIGHT - 5/26/08 --
Information on Samuel Knight, Born 1754? Shandaken,Ulster County, New
York. Married to Mary A, children VanWyck, Burr, Lillia & Willie
- Krom - 1/01/11 --
I am looking for any info on Jacob Krom who had a brother, W B Krom. Jacob lived in Ellenville, NY in 1874 when he received word that his brother, W B Krom had died while with the Texas Rangers on the Texas Frontier. I found this info from a Dec 9, 1874 abstract of the Kingston Argus. I am hoping someone may have access to an obituary posted around that time. Thanks. Floyd Krom
- KROM - 9/1/2011 -- I am looking for siblings of Jacob Krom b 1801 to Jacobus Krom and Maria Polly Osterhout. In particular, a brother named William who died in Texas around June or July of 1874. Any help would be appreciated.
Floyd Krom 122 Weed Hill Ave Stamford Ct 06907
LANE- (10/10/14) My father was born "Baby" Lane September 23, 1946 in Kingston NY. He was placed
for adoption and adopted by Gregory and Janet Badger. He was then given the name Bruce Badger. I am
seeking any information on the birth parents of my dad. my email address
- LANSPERY - 5/20/09 -- I am looking for any info or descendents of Charles Lanspery, born @1872
and married Dinah. They had at least seven daughters named...Mary, Emma,
Lizzie, Anna, Hattie, Henrietta and rachel. They lived in Plattekill,
NY. Use my
email address to get in touch. Thanks
- LATTIMORE - 11/24/14 - Looking to find the Lattimore family who moved
to Ulster County NY about 1762 and ran a ferry. Their son Benjamin was a
revolutionary war soldier. He was a free Black. email Gordon
- LAWRENCE - 12/31/07 -- Searching for Benjamin Lawrence (b) 21 Dec.,
1798 in Rochester, Ulster NY. M. Sally Sarah Harp (date?) in Rochester,
Ulster, NY USA. I am trying to find a family tree to take me back to
- LEARY - 2/17/12 -- I am trying to develop a family tree for a friend. The family name is Leary in Espous, NY. They do still live in the area but this is a surprise so asking directly is not really an option. Looking for information on James M. Leary (b: abt 1890) and Winifred Lembe (b: abt 1918-1919). Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please email to
- LEMONT/LAMONT - 5/26/08 -- I understand that the town of Newburgh was in the county of Ulster prior
to 1797 (now it's in Orange Co.).
Are there any records of Newburgh in Ulster county? I'm looking for my
ancestor John Alexander Lemont/
Lamont/delaMontagne who was born in Newburgh, Orange Co., around 1820.
I'm looking for his parents.
I have no idea what their names were. I'm hoping I might find them in
Ulster county prior to 1797.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- LESTER - 6/17/10
GG Parents Richard Johnson and Helena (Hellenna) Lester married 1 Dec
1822 in Highland Presbyterian Church. Looking for her parents and siblings.
Robert Wood, 1255 Canberra
Drive, Lindon UT 84042
- LITTS - 3/11/08 -- I am looking for information on John Litts (b.1774 in Shawangunt or y,
Ulster Co. NY) and Catherine Van Campen who were married on 6/21/1799 in
Sussex county, NJ. Children William (b. 1803), Hyrum (b.1805), Jane (b.
1807), Cornelia (b. 1809), and Albert (b. 1813).
- LOCKWOOD - 10/10/09 -- am looking for info on the burial place of Gilbert Lockwood. His son
Jessie and family are in Hudley cemetery in Shandaken. He came
from Greenwich CT and died in shandaken/Olive and was buried in Marble.
I can't find any death, probate, nor burial records. I am hoping he
isn't under the Ashokan dam
please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LOCKWOOD - 1/01/11 -- Seeking Info: John P.Lockwood m Sarah Horton b Philipstown Putnam Co.c1824 & brother Joseph Lockwood m Julia Hedden/Hadden. They lived in Gardiner NY c1840-1880. Both were farmers & worked the "Trapps". Need parents: John Lockwood m Martha? both bur: c1850 Shawangunk DRC. Son of John Peter Lockwood/Sarah Horton: John Henry Lockwood b 11 Jan 1851 Gardiner NY (m Emily Rhinehart Feb 1875) d 21 Jan 1941 CT. Reply:
- LOGAN - 6/17/10 --
Seeking any connections to Lawrence and Hannah Logan and family.
Lawrence b approx 1820 Ireland, naturalized 1848 Kingston, d before
1880. Hannah LNU b approx 1830 possibly Roscommon Ireland. Listed
widowed in 1879-80 Kingston city directory but appears married to John
DALTON in 1880 census. Known children of Lawrence and Hannah, Mary Ann
b 1847, John J 1849-1904 m Mary E Moran in Kingston, Margaret b 1852,
Matilda b 1854, Richard b 1857, Theresa 1862-1925 m Thomas Joseph Kelly
- LOWE - 6/17/2010 -- John Magee (Magie) Lowe born in Malden, NY died in Kingston
(1952) married Emily Isabelle Thomas born 8/3/1883 in Kingston died
11/5/1951 in Albany. Married 11/21/1908 in Kingston. Children are John
and 1st wife 1. Arietta 2. Helen 3. Edna. Children by John and Emily
are 1.Emily 2. Beatrice 3. John C. 4.Charles 5. Robert 6. Isabelle 7.
Henery Ford 8. Norman Edward 9. Joseph Nelson 10. Frederick Daniel 11.
Pauline 12. Alan from abt 1905-1928. Looking for any info about
this family. Can not find out who John Magee Lowe parents are. Please
any info on any of these people would be a huge help.
Donna Lowe Earnest
- LUCKNER - 09/25/07 --
I am trying to find out who Adam Luckner’s (b. 1857) parents were. Adam
is on the 1880 census as being a resident in Wawarsing and working in a
tannery. There is also a George Luckner (b. 1852) who is on the 1880
census as being a resident of Ellenville and working in a tannery.
Anyone know if they are related or what tannery they may have worked
at? Thanks for your help!
Abbie (Luckner) Smith
- LYONS - 3/11/08 -- I am searching for information on my Great Grandmother Emma A. Lyons.
She was born in Ulster, NY 1859, her father was Thomas Lyons and her
mother Catherine (I think). She married Richard A. Wood and lived in
Pittsfield, MA. She had a brother Will Lyons who was an artist. I am
searching for relatives and information.
- MABEN - 5/20/09 -- My great uncle Harold Maben lived in Big Indian in the Catskills - he
served in either ww1 or spanish american war. - Died under suspicious
circumstances - I am looking for printed obituary- some time between
1920-1929. Would be happy to look it up myself if I could get into the
archives of the Catskill Mountain News - but they've blocked their
search engine. He also worked for the local railroad during that time.
Thank you for any help you can give me
- Mackey - 11/24/14 - GGG Daniel S. Mackey b.
Marlboro 1802 d. 1890 buried Riverside Cemetary, Marlboro.
Possible sibling Thomas Cummings b. l805 Orange county,N.Y. d. 1889
Haverstraw, New York. father: Jurian, George Arlene
- MAENNLEIN - 2/17/12 -- MAENNLEIN (MANNLEIN) & WALTON
1936 - Ingeborg (Inge) MAENNLEIN (Mannlein) of Munich, Germany visited “F. Walton, High Falls Rd, Rosendale, NY.”
Inges’s father was M. Maennlein of 39 Wirenmayrostrasse, Munich.
Any info about either of these people?
Barbara Mannlein 4914 N Bonita Ridge, Tucson, Arizona 85750
- MARTIN - 06/17/2010 --
GG Grandfather Alonzo L. Martin born 1843 ? Esopus Ulster Co. Moved to
Kansas. Any information on parents? Were parents James and Rebecca
Martin of Esopus found in 1850 and 1860 censuses?
Linda Vincent, 2615 Danbury Lane, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- MARTIN - 6/17/10 --
Looking for father of Wm Martin of Marlboro. He was born 1802. Best
guess is Wm, Asa or David. Looking for sources
Douglas Nareau Nicolaus, CA 95659
- MASTIN - 9/26/08 -- Peter Minard, born Dutchess Co., 1796-1799. No known parents at
this time but there are numerous Mastins in the area. He moved to
Hallowell/Picton, Ontario and married Anna Bowerman, 1820. Contact
- MASTIN - 1/12/09 -- I have reached a brick wall. Searching for Cornelius Masten, and there are many. I believe I am descendant of
Cornelius C.Masten. My biggest problem is - My Cornelius immigrated to Ontario, Canada, some time around the beginning of the 1800's. He was married to a Caroline, (or similar) They had 2 known sons -Ichabod BORN 1818 and Minard. both in Ontario Canada. My g. grandfather was Ichabod, He stayed in Ontario. . It is believed that a lot of these
folks went back to Michigan or close by NY. Here I get lost.
I live in Alberta ,Can. and I'm 83 years old. I would love to connect my family, while I can.
Thank you so much Bernadette
McCluskey - Seeking information on Cornelius , born 1850 or 1851, who listed his
birthplace as Greene County in the records of Pottersville, Town of Chester, in
Warren County, NY. Not certain who his spouse was, but he had a Daughter,
Mary McCluskey, who married Frank Edward Shaw and had four children : Noble Cornelius
Shaw, Myrtle Lorraine Shaw (my mother), Gordon James Shaw, and Lillian Shaw.
- McCORD - 9/25/07 --
Seeking information on possible residence and final resting place of
JAMES McCORD and his second wife SUSAN CLYDE WISEMAN McCORD, after
1880 but probably before 1900. Last known location for them was in the
household of Susan's son, David Wiseman, in Newburgh NY in the 1880 US
Census. Susan was my paternal grandmother's grandmother, who was married
to my ancestor ARCHIBALD WISEMAN between 1838 and 1853 when he
died. I've made a thorough search for them in Orange County, but perhaps
they were in Ulster when they passed away.
- MCDOWELL - 3/11/08 --
I'm looking for any info on Ziby Francis McDowell. DOB either 11-10-1880
590 Red Schoolhouse Rd
Fulton, NY 13069
- MCFADDEN - 07/25/08 --
Asking for any info on Bernard McFadden and wife Anna Leake who resided in
Shandaken 1860-1871. Their 5 kids (Thomas, Miranda, Robert, Julia, Levi)
were born there during that time. Barney and Anna were married Jan 1, 1862
by a Methodist minister, Reverend Shaw at Big Indian, Shandaken, Ulster
County, New York. Will always share if I can.
Jeff in Iowa
- MC VEY - 3/27/09 --
GGrandfather Charles born Nov 1846 in (Wallkill?) New York. Married Anna
Bookstaver on Nov 24 1869. Looking for McVey ancestors and/or descendants.
- MEK MOLLEN 10/24/14 - Seeking any info on my 4x gr
grandmother Elsje Mek Mollen who was married to John Cameron and living in New
Hurley in 1775. Any info on her orher family from 1775 and earlier.
Send info to Michael Zikuski@
- MERICLE - 8/23/09 -- Researching family of Lewis Mericle born 1801 married to Hannah Sickler born 1807. Need names of Lewis's parents, also dates of birth, death, and marriage.
Any info you can give would be appreciated.
- MERRITT - 10/15/11 -- Nancy Jane MERRITT, b. Ulster Co. abt. 1813. (I think Marlboro). Married 1) William TAYLOR and 2) James BURNSIDE. Who were her parents?
- MILLARD - 3/27/09 -- I am looking for information regarding Benjamin Millard who was born
around 1804 somewhere in Ulster County as noted on the census in Hudson,
NY 1875. Is there any hope of finding anything in records from that
long ago? If so, please let me know what the cost would be.
Sincerely, Susan Clark 9019 Great Harvest Drive Bakersfield, CA 93313
- MORSE - 4/03/10 -- Looking for information on John W. Morse of Ellenville NY
(1833 to 1915) married to Sarah Jane Elting (1841-1909). Exact date and
place of birth and parent names of John would be great ! Also infor
about their son Daniel Morse dob app 1861 / wife Ruth Bennet Donna
- MORSE - 2/17/15 -- I’m trying to track down any information or
leads for John William Morse 1759-1813 and wife Hannah 1768- 1813. They lived
in Greene Cty. I’m not sure dates given are accurate.....What records exist
this far back in Dutchess County?. Their children were William, Reuben,
Maria, George, Joshua, Caroline, Harvey and Elizabeth Betsey. Does
anyone Know if they came to New York from another state? email@example.com
MOWER - 05/26/08 --
Looking for information on John N Mower Born 1887 married to Octavia- unknown last name
Children John J -my grandfater Joseph Victoria Viola Floyd P. Lived in Kingston NY. Any information would be appreciated
- MULLER - 12/31/07 --
I would appreciate any information available on the Muller family from
Marlborough, Ulster, New York and/or Village of Catskill, NY. from the
late 1800's. Names associated with this family include Herman & Mary
(also mother in law Gundy) and children: Herman, Frank, Fred, and David.
Any information about the Muller's around 1900 (in this area of New
York) would be appreciated. Please respond to
- MULLER - 8/23/09 -- Herman Muller
Spouse: Mary E
Birth: abt 1848 - New York
Residence: 1900 - Marlborough, Ulster, New York
HERMAN A.4 MULLER was born Feb 1868 in New York
He married (2) MARY E. LAWLER (daughter of DAVID LAWLOR?) and ELIZA. She was born Feb 1868 in New York, and died Aft. 1930 in New York.
Any information about this family would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards, John Muller
- MURDOCH / MURDOCK - 4/4/11 -- James Murdock b ca 1730 d July 1811...supposedly his marker is at "Reformed Church Cemetery, North Marbletown". This cemetery is described as about 9 miles southwest of Kingston. Can anyone verify the name of this cemetery and provide more a detailed location? Any help appreciated.
Larry Mc a descendant from Texas.
- MURPHY - 9/09/10 -- Murphy - 9/09/10 -- John came to NY State about 1820 to work for Matthew Desmond. Naturalized at
Seranac about 1825? M. Elizabeth Edgerton at Beekmanton,NY raised family
at Stockholm, NY (Lycy Ann, William, James, Thomas Newton, Margretta,
Elizabeth, John) Who are John Murphys parents where is he from in
Ierland who did children marry? o@vermont
- MYERS - 07/25/08 -- Looking for any information on a Benjamin Myer or Benjamin Myers that
was a Private in the 1st Regiment of the Ulster County Militia.
Born 10/21/1730 in Kingston and Died 12/12/1819 in
Saugerties. Specifically burial place.
- MYERS - 03/27/09 --
Need information on Jacob Myers son of Stephen Myers
and Helena Low. Jacob Born or Baptised 14 May 1793. All information
appreciated as to Birth, Death, Marriage, Children etc. Published
lineage of Christian Meyer shows no children by Stephen and Helena.
Ancestry.com shows Jacob Myers but no birth or death info. My info comes
from a record copy of an application from Sons of the American Revolution.
- MYERS 2/20/10 -- I am looking for information on Peter Myers (abt 1788 married to Hannah
C (abt 1794) of New York, Shandaken, Ulster County area. Would like to
know his fathers name and Hannah’s birth name.
Martha Gaibl Quality Control Analyst III, Microbiology
35 South Street
Hopkinton, Ma 01748
- Myers / Meyers Trying to find out if my GGGgrandfather Peter Myers born 1788 parents were Henry and Catherine (Shafer) Meyers of Middletown NY they were married abt 1779 in Shavertown NY and had 23 children.
Martha Meyers Gaibl
- NASON - 1/01/11 -- Seeking any info on my grandfather, _Wendell E. Nason_, Sgt. (B.
1/23/1912 - D. 1969)
I have some info:
Military service: 317^th Boat Co A.T.S.; Bucksport, ME
Married first to ? and had children; names unknown
Later, married Rosalind G. Ellison (date?); children: Richard E. Nason
(B. 4/18/1946) & David S. Nason (B. 4/4/1950)
Teresa ("Terri") M. Nason-Pour-Rastegar Thank you.
- NEWBERRY - Looking for information on Mary Jane Newberry, b. 1818 in
Ulster County, NY. Her parents MAY have been Joshua Newberry who was m.
to Elizabeth Stephens. Mary Jane Newberry m. John Darling and they were
in Broome County NY in 1850. Any
information would be appreciated.
NEWKIRK - 2/17/15 -- MADELINE (nee Bausch) Grandmother born 23 June 1879 in Weehawken NJ, married Frank Newkirk 10 Sept 1901 New Durham NJ
I believe her death date is 15 May 1951 - she owned a home in Olivebridge near the reservoir and supposedly died there alone of pneumonia. Her main residence was in St. Albans Queens NY. I need proof of her death for research, how would I go about finding that?
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- OAKLEY - 8/01/07 -- I am looking for information on Rev. Peter C. Oakley who died about
1900 and his wife Harriett.
He was a Methodist Minister. Thank you,
- O'LEARY / Leary - 9/26/08 --
I'm trying to find out some family history about my GG-Grandfather &
According to 1870, 1880 & 1900 Census, Timothy O'Leary and his wife Hanora
moved to Rosendale around 1862, they then started a family having children
Catherine, Jeremiah, James, Timothy ( My G-Grandfather), John, Patick and
little Hanora. Sometime after the 1880 Census Hanora (wife) passed away and
in the 1900 Census lists only Timothy and son Patrick as the only two that
still lived in Rosendale. Any push in the right direction or information
about my family (especially Hanora's) would be appreciated. Thanks
- O'NEILL - 3/11/08 --
Please help me locate information regarding my Uncle, Patrick Joseph
O'Neill. His mother was Bertha Edmonds O'Neill (died in 1960s) father
Patrick Joseph O'Neill, Sr. (died 1940s). He was mentally hadicapped &
became a ward of the state. Last cared for by Vincent O'Neill in
Wallkill, Ny & then went to a state home. I want to know if he is still
living & where. His age would be approximately 73 years of age.
Please contact me at this email address.
Many thanks, Margaret
- OSTERHOUDT - 02/20/10 -- Ggrandmother Harriet S. Osterhoudt, born
1870 in Saugerties to Charles & Hannah C. Osterhoudt (born about
1840-46--maiden name unknown). All later migrated to Brooklyn NY where
Charles & Hannah are buried. Harriet married Charles (Chas/Chrls) E.
Henry from PA and had 6 children, they lived in Brooklyn, NY. Harriet
may have had a brother, Matthew, born 1866. I'm told that Hannah is of
American Indian descent and possibly German and the Osterhoudt's Dutch.
Any info or direction on the family would be great?
- OSTERHOUT - 3/17/11 -- I am looking for info on parents/siblings of Asa K Osterhout.Born abt
1836/1840 Ulster Co (?)
1850 Living in Rochester w/ GertrudeRider Solomon- and Hannah E Rider
1860 Rochester Listed as Asa Osterhoudt llving with Jacob Sarah Hermon
James A Osterhoudt and Adam and Cornelia Christian
- OUSTERHOUDT / OSTERHOUT - 2/17/12 -- Ezekiel born circa 1760 Kingston.
Parentage unknown! Was an enlisted member of the ULSTER CTY MILITIA'S THIRD REGIMENT.
And a CORPORAL with or at Hawthorn Brodhead. (as well as KRYN)
EMIGRATED TO SOREL, LOWER CANADA IN 1780'S
With other United Empire Loyalists and settled there. Need his parents please!
His actual name may be NIKOLAS... Your assistance is very much welcomed!
- PARKES - 3/17/11 --
I am interested in any information on the family of Joseph and Mary Dunn
Parkes, who came to Saugerties about 1833.
Children were: Henrietta, bap 10 Dec 1826 - Rowley Regis, Staffordshire,
England (died before 1850); Josiah, born Jan 1828 - Rowley,
Staffordshire; Sarah A., born 4 Dec 1829 - Brierley Hill, Staffordshire;
John C., born 27 Jul 1831 - Brockmoor, Staffordshire; George W., born
1834 - New York; William Beckley, born 19 Mar 1838 - Saugerties; Charles
Theodore, born 19 Aug 1842 - Troy, NY.
I believe that Joseph came to work in the Ulster Iron Works in
Saugerties, and would be interested in information on those iron works,
including whether Puddling--or the older method of forging iron--was used.
- PARKS - 4/03/10 -- Am trying to find information on Great (5) grandfather on my mother's side named William Parks whom I believe was born around 1780 and lived in Greene County New York. His son was Floyd, wife Elizabeth, lived in Jefferson County Ky (Louisville).
Thank you for your consideration.
Mark Winter St. Petersburg, FL
- PALMER - 07/25/08 -- I am looking for information regarding DNA testing
for the Palmer family line. (i.e. the William or Edward Palmer line).
Thank you. email@example.com
- PARKER - 5/26/08 -- I am seeking any information whatever on Ann PARKER, spouse of Benjamin
Freer. They were parents of Wyntje Freer, christened 12 January, 1785 in
the Reformed Dutch Church, Ulster. A couple of decades earlier, in the
same church were John Parker and spouse, Lena. Robert Masters and wife
Mary Parker had a son John christened there. These Parkers seem to be
associated with Freers. Could they be related to Ann Parker?
- PECK - 2/17/15 -- Anything about James Madison Peck of Shawangunk, Ulster
NY, Family line, please.
- Pell - 8/23/09 --
Looking for photo or portrait of Robert Livingston Pell, b. 1812 ? d. February 13, 1880, and/or his fish ponds near Esopus.
William J. Wiltzius 2919 Radcliff Circle Fort Collins Colorado 80521
- PLUMSTED/PLUMSTEAD - 8/01/07 -- I am interested in any information on the
ancestors or descendants of Joseph Plumsted, (b. Westchester Co.,NY)
and his wife Annie Hyde (d. 1864). They lived in Marlboro, Ulster
County and had a large family: Mary, b. 1804; Eliza A. b. abt. 1806,
Sarah; Jane; Uriah; Abbey;Theney (who married Robert Harris); Daniel;
and Henry, known as Harry. I am a descendant of Eliza. Please reply to
- POLHAMUS - 10/15/11 -- My GG grandmother's name was either Ellen or Eleanor Polhamus, and supposedly was born and died in Newburgh, Orange County, NY. She was the first wife of John M. DePuy, Sr., who later married Anna Luetta "Etta" Moffit in 1889 in Beloit, KS. Does anyone provide me any substantive information about Ellen/Eleanor Polhamus? She was born in either 1834/35, and died in or before 1874. She was married to John M. DePuy, Sr., on either 3 or 5 April 1859. I am interested in parents and any history. Thank you. Greg Nichols Gillette, NJ
- POMEROY - 8/23/09 --
Looking for Robert B. Pomeroy who was born abt. 1836 probably in the Town of Denning to Abner? And Prudence Pomeroy. He later married a woman named Sally, divorced her and remarried someone named Phebe. He died in 1902. He was a Civil War veteran. I am seeking where he is buried and other family information. According to census’ he was in Town of Denning in 1850, 1870 and 1880. He was in Sullivan Co. NY on the 1860 US Census. His children were: Sarah, Josephine, Elizabeth B. born 1860, Prudence, Phoebe, Arthur G., Hatta, and Mary.
Robin Galage 4 Mill Pond Rd. Marlboro NY 12542
- PORTER - 8/23/09 -- PORTER FAMILY
Searching for information on Daniel Porter, son of Jonathan Porter (born 1822) and buried in Ellenville, NY. Daniel m. Rebecca Saxton (spelling?). Any information on Porter family is helpful. Thank you!
- PORTER FAMILY - 4/03/10 -- Researching Porter family. Jonathan S. Porter and Sarah
VanDover m and had 8 sons, 2 girls. His father is Daniel and mother is
Rebecca Saxton. Any information about this family is appreciated.
- POWERS - 3/17/2011 --
Seeking any information (exact location of birth, parentage etc) on
James Powers, born in Ulster County NY c.1840. Only information I
currently have is from Australian Certificate which indicates birth in
Ulster Co. Father's name is possibly Patrick Powers.
Tony Powers Tony Powers 29 Prince Edward Street Gladesville NSW Australia
- PRESSLER - 8/01/07 --
I am interested in any family information on the ancestors or descendants of Matthias Pressler (possibly Prestler and Presler), and his wife Elizabeth Plumsted Pressler, b about 1806. I have no birthdate for Matthias. It is likely that he died prior to 1850. According to a family tree handed down, his brother was George Pressler whose wife was Jane Plumsted, sister to Matthias' wife Elizabeth Plumsted. Matthias and Elizabeth Plumsted Pressler had four children: Nancy, b. 1832 who married Charles Harris of Plattekille, Ulster County; George, who later lived in Newburgh;Orange County; Sarah V., b. 1840 who married and moved to Brooklyn, NY; and Mary Jane who also married and moved to Brooklyn, NY. Matthias and his family lived on a farm four miles west of Marlboro. I am descended from Sarah V. Pressler. Sarah spent time in Milton with a Mackey family, and in 1850, she lived with Charles and Mary Brower (sp?). Please reply to
B. M. Jurs-
- PRINS - 3/27/09 -- " This certifies that Flora Mae BUSH and Otis H WRIGHT were joined in
bonds of holy matrimony December 27, 1894 at Shokan, NY"
Witnesses, Mrs H B ECKERT Mrs Charles WINCHELL Signed: Eld. John
This wedding page was found with my aunt's (Johanna Prins Van Eewen,
Castleton, NY) papers. I would like to know if there is a PRINS family
Gina P. Prentiss 27 East Main Street Box 283 Dryden, NY. 13053
- POPST - 9/25/07 --
Was family of this surname or variation thereof Papst, Pabst, Pobst, Popest, Paubst, etc. resident in Ulster County between 1824 and 1880?
- QUICK - 12/05/09 -- My mother was a Quick. I noticed in the
1880 census for Ulster County a Henry Quick listed. In our family bible
in a reference to a Henry Quick b July 5th 1775, wife Susan Martine
(best I can tell( b Sept 22nd 1779, son Rheuben (Reuben?) b. Feb 2nd
1799, Reuben's son Alvah b.June 18th 1826. I've traced Alvah to
Middletown, Orange County mid 1800s. My grandfather and great
grandfather were born in Middletown. There is family lore that Henry
Quick was "related" to Tom Quick the Indian Fighter, but I have not made
I noticed a 10 year old post by Glenn E Wheeler about a Lewis Quick from
Ulster County who had a brother Henry, wife Susan, son Reuben. The link
to Glenn Wheeler in the post failed.
Any information on Henry would be helpful.
Bob Westbrook Ridgecrest, CA
- QUINN - 8/01/07 --
Looking for burial information on Patrick Quinn - born 1832 in Ireland;
died -between 1910 and 1913 in Esopus, Ulster Co. New York. His wife
was Elizabeth and she died prior to the 1900 census. Patrick was a
practicing Catholic. According to the 1892-1893 business directory for
Ulster County Patrick operated a hotel in Esopus. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. LeeAnn Gillespie
- RANSOM / RANDSOME - 1/12/09 --
I am looking for information about Lodema Ransom or Ransome who lived in Saugerties, NY prior and subsequent to 1939 - 1945.
- RELYEA - 4/03/10 -- looking for any info on a simon relyea m. caroline shear in ulster
county and had 3 chioldren..robert,elizabeth,and simon d.smith
- RICH - 3/27/09 -- Trying to locate grandmother Jane Williams Rich who possibly passed away
between 1910 and 1913 in Kingston NY. She was married to George Rich to
moved to Buffalo, NY to be with his daughters Arzetta and Daisy. Jane
was born about 1844 in Kingston. Any help would be appreciated
- RICHARDSON - 3/27/09 -- I have been searching for a FRANCIS JOSEPH RICHARDSON for 35 years last
know address peach lane saugerties last known there in feb 1973 can you help
i would just love an email address. he would be about 58yrs old
kind regards Sue Drabble
- ROBBINS - 9/09/10 -- Seeking information on Job Robbins born: 1743 -- possibly in NJ died:
Nov 1814 in Wallkill, NY. any information on him or his parents will be
soooo appreciated. S. Bennett - ID
- ROGERS - 1/12/09 -- Eleanor, I am looking for the maiden name of Eleanor who married William Rogers in Ulster Co. abt 1798.
Second can anyone tell me what the second date in the gravestone inscription means. Rogers, Eleanor, w. William Jan. 19, 1837, 20-8-24.
Thanks, Lois Ann
- ROOSA - 3/11/08 -- Roosa-Seeking any information on Isaac Post Roosa.1800/1850. Married
to Anna Swart not Lucyfirstname.lastname@example.org
- ROSE - 10/15/11 -- I am looking for the marriage license of William T. Rose and Margaret Ann Smith on 20 September 1853.
Married by a Justice of the Peace Mclellaw (unsure about the spelling of JP but it is listed at Saugerties NY.
I am expecially interested in parents of the bridal couple.
William and Margaret Rose would be my great, great grandparents.
Thank you. Pat (Rose) Wille
- ROWE - 05/26/08 -- john n., looking for where he and his wife are buried. He died in
1880. His wife was sarah Electra Wilson b 30mar1813 died 1889. john n
rowe is son of hendrick rowe born ca 1770. Don't know if he was born in
Greene cty. it is where son john n was born. henrick married agnitha
timmerman (zimmerman) and lived in Greene cty.
- RUGER - 12/31/07 -- Looking for information about the Ruger family
Elizabeth Ruger, born New Paltz, NY 1894, daughter of Robert E Ruger
Need to know names of mother and siblings
Please contact MarieVCole@aol.com
- RUSH - 05/26/08
GGG Father James b. abt 1850 in Ire. came to Kingston, NY by 1870; d.
Kingston, NY after 1920. Wife Sarah Conlon. Looking for any descendants
not of son Thomas. Any leads. Have census info. Family bible out there
somewhere. Many thanks.
, Anna Elizabeth (11/20/2014) Born in Kingston in 1852; marriage
in Kingston (?) in Nov 1869 to Charles Colwell; both residents of Kingston
in 1870; seeking birth and/or marriage records or parentage
- RUSSELL - 12/31/07 --
GG Grandfather Daniel T. born 09/16/1823 Ulster Co. Father's and
mother's names? Other family info? Willing to assist with northern
Missouri or NE Kansas genealogy.
Geoffrey Decker 904 W Hillcrest Dr #15 DeKalb IL 60115
- SAMMONS - 3/20/08 -- Matthew.
1st husband of gggg mother Betsy Deyo; born in 1794; married July 19,
1812; parents Gustavus and Maria (Terwilliger) Sammons; d. ca. 1815
- SASS, RUSSO, BLACK - 09/21/11 --
Obituary for Marybeth Sass a/k/a Mary E. Russo a/k/a Marybeth Black DOD 12/27/2010
Lori P. Fischer
- SCHMIDT - 4/03/10 -- I am seeking information on John and Sarah Krom Schmidt. They lived in
the Town of Olive and had five children, Nelson, Herman, John, Ruth and
- SCHOFIELD - 3/27/09 -- I am looking for info on my grandfather Harvey frank Schofield, born
april 11, 1893 in Esopus falls,NY. Can you help me?
Thank you, marian Skinner soderholm
- SCHULTZ - 6/17/10 -- My grandmother born ca 1883 in Kingston. Father: Charles H Schultz
Birthdate? Mother and Father birth and death dates?
Freeman, Daniel H.
- SCOTT - 4/03/10 -- We are looking for information about silas scott. We know that he lived
in Kingston, NY and was buried in Wiltwyck Cemetary probably in the 30's.
- SEELY - 9/25/07 -- James L. SEELY Jr. b. January 1801 in
Cochecton, Sullivan Co (previously Ulster Co) to James L. SEELY Sr. and
Mary Bailey his wife. Mary died when James Jr was 8 and he was raised by
a maiden aunt, Temperance Bailey. James Jr eventually moved to Starkey,
Yates Co. NY where he married, had a family and was a successful
attorney. He named 1 of his sons Valencourt. There is an older
Valencourt SEELY in the Sullivan Co. census in the mid 1800's - another
son of James Sr. Submitted by : Linda Crocker
- SEYMOUR - 3/27/09 -- Walter Raymond, b. 31 Aug 1895 in Ellenville, who were his
parents, any siblings? email@example.com
- SEYMOUR - 4/03/10 -- Grandfather, Stanley Ward Seymour, Ellenville. Date of birth unknown ,
but late nineteenth century.
- SHUFELT - 2/17/12 -- GGG Father Frank or Franklin b. in Ulster County 1897 to Levi Shufelt and Addie. Looking for any information on Frank and Levi
Gayle Zent 3017 Tallowood Dr. Marietta, Ga 30064
- SILKWORTH - 3/11/08 -- Seeking GGGGrandfather Thomas Silkworth, Marlboro, Ulster County. Two
children--son, buried March 1764 and dau. buried 1775; and wife, Sarah
all buried 1784 Old Dutch Churchyard, Marlboro. Thomas named executor of
William Weygant's Will, bequeathing his gun- to William Silkworth; Will
proved 1781; named executors replaced by Isaac Lookwood; final date
1803. Thos Silkworth named Pathmaster group #17, 1788. Thomas Silkworth
is not named in 1790 census but William (recipient of Weygant's gun and
Rev. War pensioner) is enumerated.
- SIMMONS - 3/17/11 -- I am interested in any information on the family of Ethel (or Anna
Ethel) Simmons, who married John Adam Finger. Thank you.
- SIMPSON - 12/05/09 -- I am seeking any information that may help with tracing family tree data
for Ezra Simpson;
I currently have that he was born near Lloyd, Ulster County about 1852
to George and Elizabeth Simpson.
He married Margaret Keesler (spelling?) (no date found) and they had 3
children; Elizabeth, Mabel Vera and Lester C.
Lester C is my wife's grandfather. At some point Ezra moved the family
to Dutchess county and that is where we pick up our portion of the tree.
My thought is, if I can firm up some additional information about Ezra
and his parental family and his spouse I can go deeper into the family
I have found several references to Simpsons in Rochester, Ulster, New
York around the 1850s but I can't confirm family linkage.
Thanks Steve May
- SIMPSON - 11/24/14 - Looking for information on Mae Louise Simpson,
born ( 1911)either in Hensall ON Canada or maybe Detroit but I don't
think so. She lived in Detroit, Wayne, Michigan and died ( 1981)in Stone Ridge
Ulster. Her parents we Catharine Louise (Bonthron) Simpson. Her father was
Looking for children or other family. Thanks JB
- SLATER - 6/17/2010 --
ggfather Jacob Garrett Slater married to Sarah Jane Weiborn (spelling
may vary) around 1856. They had 8 children, Charles William, Reuben D.,
May, Arthur P., Lucius Lawson, Henry W., Sarah Catherine (my
Grandmother). I do not know the 8th child's name nor am I sure of the
years any were born except my Grandmother,born 1871, died 1941.
Interested in any information Jacob or Sarah Jane's parents or any info
on the family. Sarah Jane's mother's married name was Anna M Cross (sp.
William)I do not believe he is Sarah's father.
Irene Ball 2
Harrison Ave., Ilion, NY 13357
- SLAUGHTER - 09/26/08 --
I am looking for parents and family of Susan S Slaughter born Aug 03
1826. Her GF was Isaac Slaughter. She married Charles H Ransom Oct 31
1847. Any info regarding family lines please.
- SLAVERY - 1/01/11 --
Seeking anyone with insights into slave ownership in Ulster Co., NY
during the period of manumission (1799-1827), particularly the
relationship of former slaves with their former masters. Also with
knowledge of any legal paperwork used to record the freeing of slaves.
Dennis Marr 3 Ravens Ct., Troy, NY 12180
- Slave named TITUS - 10/15/11 -- Wilhelmus DU BOIS bought a slave named TITUS May 19 1803(?) He lived in Marlborough, Ulster Co. NY. I believe that Lewis DU BOIS is Wilhelmus’s father(?)
He purchased the slave for $25.Shirley Wheet
- SLOAT - 6/17/10 -- SLOTT (??)
Looking for death information/gravesite of Cornelius Sloat/Slott died
Jan 1816 Pine Bush NY
Revolutionary war hero married to Eleanor McKinney d 4/1820 Pine Bush NY
- SMADES/ SMEDES - 7/25/08 --
Does anyone know if there are any church registers in existence for
Shawangunk Church mid to late 1700s? Or town clerk registers? Is there
a fee to access them?
Sher Leetooze Bowmanville Ontario Canada
- SMITH - 12/31/07 --
Searching for info. on Maurice/Morris Smith family. My GGGrandmother
Ruth was born in Ulster Co. 1819, the 4th of 7 children. She had a
sister Mary and a brother A. Hyatt Smith. I will be glad to share the
info. I have. Barbara Simpson
- SMITH - 4/03/10 -- Searching for Rebecca Smith born 1868 in UlsterCounty,
NY. She was listed as a twelve year old in the 1880 Town of Wawarsing
Census in the family of a Daniel and Mary Smith, but wasn't listed in
1870. Does anyone have this Rebecca in your family?
- SMITH - 6/17/2010 -- William and Carlow Adeline. Looking for parents of William, born
1818/1 Ulster co. Lived in New Paltz, married Adeline Carlow in
Poughkeepsie. Lived in New Paltz and Milton, New York. Died Between 1880
and 1899. alan tompkins
- SMITH - 1/01/11 -- Josephine E. Smith (maiden name Weiss) was born in 1892 in
Kingston, NY. Ulster Co. She died approx 1930, young. Married Ernest
G. Smith, Sr. on Jan 31, 1913. They had 6-8 children. Josephine would
have been my Great Grandmother. She was half Indian and I know nothing
of her family before her. I am looking for a birth certificate, death
certificate, or anything else I can find. Coreen
- SNYDER - 1/10/2010 -- Looking for info on Charles G Snyder, of Claryville/Neversink NY. His
son was Frederick Augustus Snyder b. 1854, m 1883 Claryville NY Susannah
Bevier b. 1862, daughter of DR. William Bevier.
Dan Hess & Patti Lee Snyder 306 Newark
Pompton tpke. Wayne NJ 07470
- STAMP/STUMP - 8/01/07 -- I am looking for the burial site of John Stamp/Stump who died Sept 28,
1827 in or near Wallkill, Ulster Co., NY. His wife was Mary Magdelena
Howell Freeman who died Mar 29, 1821. John was a Rev. War Patriot.
Ann Mann Elkhart, IN
- STAMP/STUMP - 8/01/07 -- I am looking for the cemetery in or near Wallkill, Ulster Co. NY where
John Stamp/Stump might be buried. He died 9-28-1827. He is a Rev. War
Patriot. His wife was Mary Magdelena Howell Freeman who died 3-29-1821.
I would be grateful if anyone might have some information on his burial
site. Thank you, Ann Mann Elkhart, IN
- STEPHENS - 9/25/07 --
John Stephens (b. @ 1732) resided in New Paltz in 1775. He had 4 sons:
John A. , James, Nehemiah, Peleg; and 2 daughters : Anne &
unknown. John A. Stephens was married and lived in New Paltz in 1825.
Anyone have any info on this family ?
Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STEPHENS - 4/03/10 -- William H. Stephens jr, (b. 12-26-1864 Alligerville, NY; d. 11-18-1921
New Paltz, NY) married Ida Brown.
He had a brother, James (b. @ 1849) . Both were coopers/barrelmakers.
William & Ida had dau: Emma Augusta Stephens (m: Clarence Sweetland).
Any one know more about any of these folks ?
Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STEPHENS/STEVENS Looking for info on James (b. @ 1850 Ulster Co, NY). He was a barrelmaker/cooper by trade. His father was William Stephens/STEVENS (b. @ 1825 Ulster Co, NY).
reply : Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STERLING - 9/25/07 --
Lewis Sterling born 22 Sept 1846, Dansville, New York, Married
Sarah, had two children, Ermina and Emond Sterling. Emond was my
great-grandfather. Looking for Sarah's maiden name.
- STEVENS / STEPHENS - 7/25/08 --
John A. STEVENS (b. 1778 ; d. aft 1860) and Mary UNK lived in New Paltz,
Ulster Co, NY in 1825.
Three of their children were : Susan (b. @ 1824; d. aft 1860; married
John G. Buckout); William (b. @ 1825; died aft 1870; married UNK; son
James b.@ 1849); and John J. STEVENS (b. 1820 Ulster Co, NY; married
Mary/Mariah LANE (b. 1820; d. 1862). The men in this family were
carpenters/ coopers (barrelmakers).
Some were Quaker.
Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STEVENS / STEPHENS - 1/12/09 --
Daniel Stevens/Stephens (b. 1800-10 NY) lived in New Paltz 1840. Possibly a brother, John, (b. @ 1811) lived in New Paltz in 1850 with wife, Julia A; children : James (12), Jane (10), Daniel (7), Sarah (1).
Other siblings might be sisters: Jerusha & Hannah, living in Saugerties (1850) & Woodstock (1860).
Any info appreciated.
Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STEVENS/STEPHENS/AYERS - 4/03/10 --
Myron J. Stephens,( b. 1893 Ulster Co, NY; d. 1953 AL; married Aurelia
had an aunt: _Mrs. L.P. AYRES_ of New Paltz, NY listed in his obit (1953).
Does anyone know who Mrs. L.P. Ayres is ?
Melanie Stevens Mattson
- STEWART - 2/20/10 --
GGG Melville born mid 1800’s Probably Kingston
Married to Emma Jane Davis 1850-1924.
Children: Walter, Carrie, Oliver, Melville, Nettie (Jeanette), Libby?,
Winchell, Rosalie Susan Seifert
- STRINGHAM - 8/01/07 -- I am looking for info. on my 4th g grandmother, Rebecca Ann Stringham.
Said to have been born 1818 in Ulster cty., N. Y. Married Hiram
Krom/Krum about 1839. Parents are Peter Stringham, born about 1786 and
Marya De Puy, born in 1790. Rebecca was baptised in High Falls, NY
- SUMMERS/SOMMERS - 3/27/09 --
GG Mother Polly Summers b. 1801 in Marlboro. Parents? siblings?
Connie Voss 773 Skyway Ave., Chico, CA
- SUTTON - 12/31/07 --
GGG Father Hiram Bertram born 28 Sept 1841. Father Andrew Drake,
Mother's Name? Pat Teigland
27361 Sierra Hwy #182, Canyon Country, CA 91351
- SWART - 6/17/10 -- I'm looking for information on Julia A. Swart born 1827 in NYC or CT.
She moved to Ulster County, Saugerties after the death of her husband
John Swart 1858. Any information would be appreciated. She is on the
1860 Census Index. Would like to find out when she died and where she
Thank you, Cathy
- SWEENEY - 1/01/11 -- I'm looking for any information on the Sweeney family that emigrated from County Leitrim , Ireland in the late 1840's- early 1850's and settled
in Newburgh, New York, before moving westward in 1855 to Whitewater, Wisconsin. Have 2 names- Anne Sweeney McGee (born 1779-1780 in
Ireland) and Kate Sweeney Tucker (born 1832 in County Leitrim.) Other Sweeney family members include my great-grandfather Edward Sweeney,
and his parents Peter Hugh Sweeney and Theresa Casserly Sweeney. We have information that the family lived in New York state for 5 years be-
fore moving on to Whitewater in 1855, and a definite location of Newburgh. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ed Sweeney Waukesha, Wisconsin
- TEACHER - 3/17/11 - Jennette L. Teacher living Kingston ca. 1860. By 1862 working at Treasury Dept Washington DC. Any record of her time in Kingston? May
have married a Prof. Brainard.
Donna Burdick 110 Crescent Drive Kirkwood NY 13795
- TEETSELL - 3/11/08 -- My husband just returned from a trip to Gettysburg with his father. He
is a descendant of Jeremiah Teetsell and is looking for additional
information about his ancestry. My husband's grandfather was Irving
Teetsell of Saugerties, New York. We are looking to trace family
history before Jeremiah. Are you able to help? Thank you for your
assistance. Diane Polscer
- TERENZI - 1/12/09 -- Exact date/place of birth Helen TERENZI, born abt 1915.
Parents: Frank and Julia/Judith (or Italian equivalents) Terenzi. Appear in 1930 Federal Census for Marlboro.
Peter S. Goldberg
- TERWILLIGER - 9/26/08 --
GGG grandmother SARAH TERWILLIGER possibly born Jun 23 or Aug 15, 1818.
Married about 1841 to Oliver Pomeroy. Any info on where she was born?
Parents and/or siblings? firstname.lastname@example.org
- TERWILLIGER - 4/03/10 --
Looking for info on David Terwilliger b 8/18/1835 married to Lydia. Enlisted in Co K New York 19th Infantry on 11/13/1861 in Springport. Regiment changed to 3rd Artillery 12/11/1861. Was in Skaneateles, Onandaga, NY in 1870. Gratiot, MI in 1880. Died in St Louis, MI in 1900. Looking for siblings/parents. Related to Hannah Cornell in some way. She was married to John Cornell. died 6/25/1890 in Brutus, NY. b circa 1819. Contact Rick @ Rick or 989 941 0432. Thanks!
- TERWILLIGER - 4/03/10 -- I'm looking for information on my Greatgrandfather. He is on the 1860
census of Wawarsing NY. Jacob S. Terwilliger, aged 38. Born 1822.
- TERWILLIGER - 04/29/2011 -- Abijah Terwilliger b. 1801 d. 1859 m Rachel Mansfield need Abijah’s parents or any other info
- TICE - 3/11/08 -- Looking for information on Ella Tice born 1851 or 1852 . She married a
Ferguson. Her father was Sanford Tice born 1820.
- TICHENOR - 4/03/10 --
I am seeking any information that readers may have on the Tichenors of
Kingston, Esopus and Sleightsburg. Archibald and Eliza Ann Tichenor
settled in Sleightsburg in the 1830s and appear to have farmed and
worked in the shipbuilding business. Their children William, James
Archibald, Elizabeth Marcella and David O all lived in the area for many
years. Marcella married Joseph Cowell Barnes and probably died in the
Albany area. James Archibald married into teh Short family. Any further
information or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Harold Tichenor Bowen Island, BC
- TOBIN - 1/12/09 -- GGMother Veronica born in or near Kingston circa 1860? Sister Sarah Tobin, born circa 1858?
Veronica married to Mr. Cassidy, child(ren) Catherine Cassidy, born 1876 in Kingston. Any info will
be greatly appreciated. Robert Clancy,
170 Brandywine Drive, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- TOMPKINS / DUBOIS - 1/10/10 --
Looking to confirm marriage of Isaac Tompkins and Ruth Dubois around
1818 in Lloyd or Poughkeepsie and get other info on their parents.
- TOWNSEND - 3/11/08 - I am looking for info on Henry Townsend, my great, great grandfather
borned in New York state about 1813. He had two sons borned in State of
New York and Henry moved to Michigan sometime after 1848. I am willing
to share information. Thanks
George b. Townsend
- TOOHEY - 9/09/10 -- y greatgrandfather was Patrick Toohey. He is mentioned in the history
of the Shawangunk Mountains by Frank Mentz. I have reason to believe
there is a statue of him in Hyde Park at the Roosevelt museum. He was a
democrat known as Hootin Hollerin Pat Toohey according to a clip from
the Citizen Herald Newspaper written by Frank Mentz. Would love to know
if anything comes your way. charkoke
- TROMPOUR - 5/20/09 -- (or variant spelling) Need correct name from original handwritten manuscript for child of
Valentyn Fiero Trompour and Neeltje Elich, child baptized 1 May 1785 in
Katsbaan Reformed Church -- name is either Anneke or Andrew --
transcriptions disagree! Need verifiable source citation also.
John Leith 162 Islington Rd Auburndale MA 02466
- TRAPHAGEN - 3/20/08 -- LOOKING
FOR INFO ON GEORGE TRAPHAGEN. LIVED IN ELLENVILLE, MARRIED META KELLY.
DIED 1918 FLUE EPIDEMIC.
- VANANDEL - 06/18/11 -- Searching for birth record of Cyrenus Vanandel, supposedly born, Ulster County, NY. July 14, 1848.]
Parents, John Vanandel and Sophia Predonella Kievett. Thank you in advance.
- Van Aken - 3/11/08 --
Looking for information on * Christopher Columbus Van Aken * born 1837,
son of William Van Aken and Margaret. Especially looking for gravesite.
Thanks, Peter R.Van Aken
- VAN DE(R) MARKEN - 10/24/14 - Searching for any info on
3x gr grandmother Jacomynte Van Der Marken who was married to Alexander
Cameron b 1785 and was living in New Hurley area 1800 thru 1820,
Warwassing, Shawangunk til 1850's Any info please contact Michael
- VAN DER VEER - 1/12/09 -- I am looking for any information on Van Der Veer in the Ulster Co. I
have a Roxylina as my ggg'grand mother. She married Jacob Applebee,
Appleby, Apleby, Applebe
- VAN DYKE - 10/10/09 --
Abigail Van Dyke, born about 1801, married Francis Fairchild in
Wawarsing, Ulster,New York in 1828. Any help with locating her family
would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Dianne Baker 4109 Illinois Bench, Stevensville, Mt 59870
- VAN ETTEN - 2/20/10 --
Looking for information on Eliza Van Etten b. 1836 married Johannes
Alsdorf b. 1833 living in Gardiner, Ulster, New York in 1880 children
were, John B, Howard (my Grandfather), Hattie, Sarah L., and Egbert
Any help would be appreciated. Eliza is the only Van Etten I have in my
database. Michael Alsdorf, 280 rue Joseph et Humber Richard, 73288 La
Motter Servolex, France
- Van Steinburgh Van Steenbergh Van Steenbergen - 8/01/07 -- Albany Road Kingston NY .Catrina m Edward Parlimen
Any information would be appreciated JP@Nivkor.com
- VANDURBURG - 01/12/09 --
Looking for parents of gggrandmother Emma Francis Vandurburg b 5 Apr
1851 in Ulster Co., NY married Alexander DYER 24 Dec 1865 in Union,
Broome Co, NY and d 10 Jan 1935 in Youngsville, Warren Co., PA.
Their daughter Christa Myria Dyer b c 1866 in Ulster Co, NY. Any info
Pat Miller, 124 E.
Monroe, Powell, WY 82435
- VAN ORDEN or VAN ORDER - 5/20/09 --
I am looking for Electa Van Orden/Van Order's lineage. Born 12-17-1839
in NY died 11-20-1870. Married to Joshua Jennings 12-29-1864. Mother to
Mary Elizabeth, Nellie, Alice and Annice. Parents, birthplace, siblings.
Thank you email@example.com
Steenburg - 3/ 30/14 - I am looking for information on one of my great
grand fathers, Jacob Van Steenburg (Steenburgh?) born in (New) Hurley,
Ulster Co. , NY 19.Feb.1779. Looking for any information on his
was Leah Markle (born 23, Oct.,1788, Marbletown, Ulster Co. NY... Leah
died in 1813 in Ulster Co). . They had a son, William born in 1808 in
Marbletown. At some point they (father and son) moved to Michigan. email
- WAGNER - 5/26/08 -- I am looking for any info on George Wagner born 1857 and Phebe Hall born
1867. They lived in Wawarsung and are my children great great
grandparents. . Send any info to
- WESTLAKE - 10-15-2011 --
Eli Westlake b:1819 Bloomington, Ulster, NY d: 2-3-1896 Waterloo, Iowa;
Married Mary E. Waterman 9-14-1846. Was a Methodist minister. Trying to find info on his parents and siblings. Thank you. Carol
- WHITTAKER 12/31/07 -- Looking for information on Elizabeth Whittaker born abt.1858
Rosendale,Ulster Co,New York. firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHITTAKER - 1/12/09 -- I have been researching my ancestor, Edward Whittaker . Lived in Ulster
County/ Kingston area 1640-1650 until his death.
I have not been able to find where he came from, supposedly came to New
Amstedam with the Duke of Yorks fleet.
It occured to me today , that maybe the Dutch when they baptisted their
children, would it say where the Parents were born? Is that possible,
or where else could I look for the information?
Any help would be appreciated.
He had two sons Edward and James.
Norma Parrott Kansas City Mo
- WHITTAKER - 1/01/11 -- Great Grandfather Isaac b. 18 Feb 1864, d. 16 August 1941; Father Samuel, Mother Mary Krom. He was married to Emily Simmons, who was possibly from Rhinebeck. Son Homer went to NY, NY and married Mable Bramwell and they had two kids Homer and Mae. Isaac's daughter Bertha married into the Stall family, and her daughter Dorothy married into the Messenger family, some of whom still reside in Ulster County. John N. Whittaker, 742 Timberwilde Avenue, Winter Springs, FL 32708; 407-327-7048;WHITTAKER
- WILHELM - 7/2011 -- Looking for a photopgraph taken late 1800's or early 1900's of Adam Wilhelm (b. 1842, d.1936) and Johanna (Dauch) Wilhelm's (b. 1854) family, including twelve children. The family lived in Ellenville, NY. Thank you!
Kindly contact Madeleine Fisher
- WINFIELD - 5/26/08 -- I need to prove that Helen WINFIELD was the daughter of Benjamin and
Hanna (York) Winfield. She was born in 1792 and married Abraham Seamn
Karen M Campbell 134 Timberwood Dr Mt Vernon , TX 75457
- WINFIELD - 9/26/08 -- Seeking proof of marriage between Breggie
Winfield (dau. of Benjamin Winfield and Annatje Hannah York) to Jacob
Hendricks and their child Jacob O. Hendricks b. abt 1812-1814. Pos. New
Paltz, NY Val Barneson
- WINNE - 10/10/09 -- Cornelius Winne & Elizabeth Martin. Marriage record , I have abt. 1787 but don't know where that came from . Child Polly was bpt. 9/6/1803 In Shokan Dutch reformed Church .Other children I have are Sally, Lucas, Elizabeth, Cornelius. Benjamin, Christian, Peter , Don't have dates for them . Any info would be helpful, Evelyn Campbell
- WINSLOW - 3/27/09 - Seeking any information on Samuel Winslow, his wife Priscilla (a widow living in e Newburgh Glebe in 1790) or their children? I'm especially interested in their son Joseph, as I believe he may be our missing ancestor. I believe Joseph had a son named Moses. This Moses is the one I am actually seeking. I believe the information about Moses in the enclosed son's biography is not correct. Moses was not dead, just gone from the family. Moses lived in Shandaken in 1850 and 1860 and I find no burial information for him. Moses' family lived in Callicoon in 1850 and afterewards. I find no burial information for them either, although many may have moved west.
Moses' son Samuel ended up in Nebraska. Son Elijah ended up in Wisconsin. Thanks for your help.
Jennifer M. Lyons
- WITHERWAX/Weatherwax - 1/01/11 --
William Witherwax b: 13 Jul 1851 Ulster co. NY. Baptized 13 Jul 1851 Flatbush Ref. Church Ulster co NY. He married a Harriet Simmons. He died Feb 1915 and is buried in Trinity cemetery Saugerties,Ulster co. NY. I am seeking any additional information on him and or his wife. He fails to appear in any USC in Ulster co under anyone of the known spelling variations of Weatherwax
Wayne E. Weatherwax
- WOLBERT - 1/01/11 -- Searching for others who may have information about Matthias (Matthew) Wolbert and his wife Catharina (Katherine) JUDT. Matthias, son of Johann Wolbert and Josephina Kaiser, was born in 1829 in Bonn, Germany, where he married Catharina in August 1851. Catharina was born in 1824, somewhere in Prussia (exact city unknown), daughter of Johann Peter Judt and Anna Catharina DAUB.
Matthias Wolbert immigrated (leaving from London) to New York in 1853; Catharina followed the next year, in 1854. They settled in Esopus (per 1870 census) and then were found in Pt. Ewen (1880). They had one daughter: Margaret (Maggie, b: about 1863). Matthias was a tailor (same profession he had in Germany). No record has been found of this family after 1880.
If anyone has information on this family, please contact me:
- WOOD - 3-20-08 -- URIAH, Looking for
info. about Uriah Wood. He was my great grand father. The family lived
in Accord in the area by Mettacahonts rd.
- WOOD - 5/20/09 --
Any information regarding Harry Edward Wood born 12 Jan 1894 to George
Wood and Cora Taylor.EHCook530@aol.co
- WOOD - 12/05/09 --
Looking for parents of Mary Ann Wood born December 16, 1815 in New
York. Mary Ann Wood married Stephen D. Hunt on December 31, 1835 in
Ulster County . Their marriage is listed in The Reformed Dutch Church
Records. Information on Stephen's parents is also welcome. Information
may be sent to
Eleanor Erion 10233 E. Rancho Diego
Lane Crowely, Texas 76036.
- WOOD – 12/05/09 --
Looking for information on the parents/grandparents of my GGrandfather
George Cornelius Wood (1868 – 1950). His obit says he was born in
Poughkeepsie. He was married to Helen Naomie Wheeler (1865 – 1903) and
both lived in Poughkeepsie until their deaths. However, his parents,
George Wood and Mary Wardell, died when he was young (age unk) and he
lived with his grandparents in Marlboro. It is unknown if he went to
live with his paternal or maternal grandparents. Also interested in any
records on Helen Wheeler and her family. Thank you for any info.
Tim Wood 26 Pied Court,
Orlando, FL 32828
- WORDEN - 2/17/12 -- I am looking for any information on Ebenizer Worden 1814-1858, he was a shoemaker in Esopus and died there. Any information would be helpful. He had several children, including a set of twins named David and Mortimer. His wifes maiden name was Churchill. My email address is . Brenda Thank you
- YARROW - 10/15/11 - Searching for any family history about the Thomas Yarrow Sr. family and the Sherman Vedder family. Both in the Ellenville & Wawarsing area.
Contact me at Bob Kronke
- YEAGER - 09/25/07 -- I’m searching for information on my
Great-Grandfather, Frederic G. Yeager. Fred was born about November 1853
in the Duchy of Baden, Germany and died in 1921 in Warwarsing Twp,
Ulster Heights , NY . He immigrated to the USA through Boston about
1872. He apparently came to the USA with his Brother John (Johann)
Yeager. Fred purchased a piece of land the family called “Overlook Manor
House” in Ulster Heights . This property was purchased August 14, 1882
from Frederig Heidrichs and his wife Mary . Fred married Delia Bridget
Murphy about 1883. I think in Boston .
I can be contacted in the following manner: Jon Mason POB 6987,
Auburn , CA 95604-6987 . Tel: 530-885-0416
- YEAGER - 3/27/09 -- John G. Born 08/18/1839
Mother unknown birth place New York
Father unknown Birthplace Pennsylvania
Patricia Pate 1135 Road 1205 Nettleton, MS 38858
- ZICHITTELLA - 2/17/12 -- LUCA and ZICHITTELLA, GIOVANNA NEE VALENTI
Looking for any info on my grandparents. He was born Dec 9, 1889 in Marsala Italy and came to the US in 1910. He married Giovanna Valenti DOB Jan 31, 1893 also from Marsala, Italy. She died abt 1927 no other info on her. He died Apr 12, 1962 in Ulster County, New York. He was at the Francis J McCardle Funeral Home, 99 Henry St., Kingston, NY
Mary Todd or P.O. Box 1204, Dalton, GA 30722-1204 attn: Mary Todd
Your Comments are encouraged
Return to the Genealogy Top Page
NY GenWeb Links
Copyright © 2007 by Richard Frisbie -- All rights reserved.